I need your opinion ladies and gents..

Options
TakeOne
TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
So I have a ton of big things coinciding in the next few months. I am a month away from being a year into my new healthy lifestyle (over 6 months of maintaining :), I have a birthday, and *knock on wood* my divorce will finally be official. :happy: I want to remember the freedom, the joy, and peace I feel right now by getting a tattoo. I have been considering a pair of peacock feathers on either side of my hips/above my pelvic bones. I love what they symbolize (pure heart, loyalty, and faithfulness) and how beautiful they are. I am interested in what other people think about the placement however. Is this just another trendy location? What do you think? Thanks!

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I say if it's something YOU want, then go for it!!! I'm going to get myself the tatoo I've always wanted but have been too chicken to get before I'm 40, (next year) if I can just find the right artist to do it for me!!!! Good luck!!! You totally deserve this!
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I like that idea, but I've also seen someone with a tattoo of a peacock feather up her side, like from her left hip bone up to her ribs towards the side of her body. It was absolutely beautiful!

Oh, and mine is on my hip bone, so if you like it I say go for it!
  • SallyGirl523
    Options
    Sounds like they will be beautiful. And hurt like heck if they're over your hip bones, but that's just part of getting a tattoo sometimes. Congratulations on all of the good things happening in your life right now!
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Awesome way to celebrate! :)

If you love the placement, then it's right for you, no matter if it a "trendy place". (I think it will look lovely) :)
  • TakeOne
    Options
    :smile: Thanks for your encouragement and advice everyone!
  • mistawalka
    mistawalka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    There will be lovers and haters of both the symbols and location you choose - but if it means something too you then go for it.
  • maggieschuck
    Options
    I went through a divorce last year and I got a tattoo to celebrate my new life. I love the fact that your idea is well though out. The area you choose needs to be based on if you want it to be private or public. I got a magnolia tree on a cliff, over looking a valley. It covers my whole back. I wanted you to be able to see mine. The tree has a strong foundation, deep roots, branching out with new growth and will stand strong for my kids. Make it all about you and your journey.
  • TakeOne
    Options
    I went through a divorce last year and I got a tattoo to celebrate my new life. I love the fact that your idea is well though out. The area you choose needs to be based on if you want it to be private or public. I got a magnolia tree on a cliff, over looking a valley. It covers my whole back. I wanted you to be able to see mine. The tree has a strong foundation, deep roots, branching out with new growth and will stand strong for my kids. Make it all about you and your journey.

That sounds so AWESOME! Thanks for sharing : )
  • sunshinesukie
    sunshinesukie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love peacock feathers, the colours are so vibrant and beautiful. Wherever you choose to have your tattoo - we'd love to see the finished masterpiece.
    :happy:
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    that sounds awesome! get a few consults and don't be afraid to walk away from a consult if you feel the art isn't what you want. just like the location takes time to choose so does the artist. but those consults really help you decide on really what you're looking for in design.