How do we do it?

Options
I am trying to lose a bit of weight and to be honest am finding it quite difficult. I find that I am completely obsessed with food, like all the time. I eat and weigh my food so I know I am getting the correct amounts and the food does fill me, but as soon as I have eaten I start thinking about what to eat next!

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

Thanks Rowan xx

Replies

• katebcastro
    Options
    I definitely have the same problem..even tho im not hungry my mind tells me to eat..its something we need to change..I try to do other things besides think..like do house chores and be on the computer..LOL
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    I did have this problem but decided to change my food diary layout into 3 meals and 3 snacks that way I get to eat 6 times a day maybe it will work for you it under food then settings if I remember correctly x
  • luefox
    Options
    it's ok--you're just confronting your awareness.
    Pretty soon you'll feel less self conscious about it and start to accept it as a natural process for weight loss.
    If you aren't paying attention to what you're eating and what you're going to eat next then you won't lose weight.
    You are on the right track. Now figure out by analyzing the patterns of intake what prevents hunger for you.
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Oh, trust me, it is not just you! Why do you think the rest of us are here? Just keep it in check and don't let it run your life for you.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I used to be like that a few years ago. Are there any activities or hobbies that you can focus on instead? I like to make jewelry, and find it a good distraction when I start to obsess about food. Or I'll go for a walk, start cleaning the house or yard, call a friend, pick up a book, get on the computer, etc.
  • lxspollack
    Options
    I'm right there with you... Happens to me all the time, but I think it gets easier as time goes on. Keep your chin up, sometimes it helps to actively change your focus. When I find myself obssessing about my next meal I try to do something that makes me think about something else, like put in an exercise dvd or play wii with my kids or clean the house.

Lexy
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem until i changed my routine. Now i'm eating 3 meals and 3 snacks per day. I don't have that problem anymore.
  • julie4760
    Options
    Have you ever seen paul mckenna, well he has a technique that turns the cravings around by turning the thoughts into colours, I laughed when I first heard it but it really does work have a look online you may find some videos of his to show you how it works, good luck to you.
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    that's because it well and truly is an addiction. Unlike heroine where you can get help get clean and avoid the drug, food is everywhere and on your mind all the time. sometimes I still struggle. :( but you'll learn as time passes especially with support. :)