Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Calorie intake?!

Why do some people have to eat alot of calories a day and some eat less. I have to eat 1200 a day but i see people who have to east 1700. What does this depend on?

Replies

• tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    I think its all based on there starting weight or goals. And when you exercise you want to eat back most of those calories, most important thing I was taught is to never let your net calories go below 1200
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Age, gender, activity level and how much you want to lose per week.
  • jittythekitty
    jittythekitty Posts: 62 Member
    Weight.

And maybe height.

The more weight you lose the less calories you get to eat, the bare min. is 1200 so make sure you eat all over calories and exercise calories to have the most effective weight loss. As well as 8 glasses of water XD
  • Depends on how much weight you want to lose, your lifestyle, and how fast you want to lose it. As well as exercise. Someone who is already active will have a higher calorie allowance then someone who is sedentary.
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    starting weight, height age activity level and how much you want to lose each week I've noticed as I have lost weight my cal allowance has come down x
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    It is based on different body heights, weights, age, activity levels, and how much you want to lose per week. Mine is 2120 a day to lose 2 pounds a week, but I am on the "fluffier" side. :bigsmile:
  • Your BMR Basil Metabolic Rate, takes into account your height, weight and age to calculate the number of calories you need to just stay upright and breathing. For instance mine is 1869.7 Kcal. MFP also ask about your job or daily activity i.e sedentary etc.

The more you weigh the higher your BMR. If you want to loose 2 lbs a week then you need a Kcal deficit of at least 500 Kcal. So folks will be different based on there BMR, there weight loss goal per week, and their daily activity.