Squelching That Chocolate Craving!

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahTV
    sarahTV Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Have you noticed that everyone who replied to your thread was female??? LOL We all need chocolate..I have some almost every day without ill effects. I like Hershey's special dark chocolate chips. I pour a huge bag of them into a candy jar with a lid, then I keep a tablespoon on top of the jar. I know that I can have a tablespoon and not kill my diet and a tablespoon is actually a LOT of chocolate chips. It's incredibly satisfying and on days when I'm really good I can put them over ice cream or mix them with salty almonds...

Don't fight the cravings, just control them :bigsmile:
  • helenamonks
    Options
    So, I have a weakness for chocolate. I LOVE chocolate. But it seems now that I've been eating healthy and watching myself, I am getting these ridiculous chocolate cravings. I haven't given in yet, but does anybody have any tips on healthy alternatives? Is dark chocolate really better for you than milk chocolate?

Almost every night, or at least the nights when I'm craving it, I have one or two hershey's miniatures. They are only approx 40-45 cals a piece, but worth it, especially because your other cravings diminish when you know you can give in sometimes.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I eat two 71% dark chocolate squares a few times a week. I can't have milk anyway, so it works for me. I also just tried the Kashi dark chocolate coconut bars, they're pretty awesome. Just use portion control and you'll be okay. If you have trouble with that, get stuff that's pre-packaged in small sizes.
  • dawnkitchen
    Options
    Have you noticed that everyone who replied to your thread was female??? LOL We all need chocolate..I have some almost every day without ill effects. I like Hershey's special dark chocolate chips. I pour a huge bag of them into a candy jar with a lid, then I keep a tablespoon on top of the jar. I know that I can have a tablespoon and not kill my diet and a tablespoon is actually a LOT of chocolate chips. It's incredibly satisfying and on days when I'm really good I can put them over ice cream or mix them with salty almonds...

1. I was waiting for you to comment.
    2. chocolate chips on ice cream is SO GOOD.
  • sarahTV
    Options

1. I was waiting for you to comment.
    2. chocolate chips on ice cream is SO GOOD.

How could I NOT comment :) We both know I am the frontier on the 'chocolate diet' LOL

Seriously...if I exercise and eat well, why the crap would I NOT have chocolate??? I plan on having many followers over the next 6 months ;)
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    The only way to get rid of chocolate cravings in my opinion is to eat chocolate!!!!
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have a few Quality Street (single wrapped chocolates) most evenings and to stop me picking up that extra one my husband is in charge of them :laugh:
  • sarahTV
    Options
    The only way to get rid of chocolate cravings in my opinion is to eat chocolate!!!!

I like how you think :wink:
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    :smile: I love chocolate & ice cream, so I keep a bag of hoodsies in my freezer. I have one almost every night they're only 100 cals.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    The only way to get rid of cravings is to have chocolate! I have chocolate everyday.i work it into my allowance. I have a square or two of cadburys whole nut. A squre is 35 cals. It prevents me from binging and helps me to focus. If this chnage os to be longterm chocolate has to be a part of it!!!!
  • leafsan
    leafsan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I haven't given up chocolate. I'm very good at self control though. What I buy is the Dove Promises and I let myself have two after dinner most days. two are 88 cals and they fix my chocolate cravings so well! Some days I let myself have four, but those days are very rare that I crave it that badly. I don't like dark, but Dark is much better for you. So don't think you have to give it up, just find good ways to moderate your intakes when you get your cravings.

Good luck!
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Try one devils food cake mix (check each one, some are WAY lower in calories) and add ONLY one can of 100% pumpkin (a 15oz can). Cook like you would any cupcake, but you will probably only get 18 out of the batch...only around 100 calories each and they taste like brownies!!! SUPER moist!! You can also add Fat-Free Whipped topping for a few calories...

WHAT!!!!:love: WHAT:love:

What about the oil and water?
  • WTFitness
    WTFitness Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I get my chocolate fixes from Chocolate PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and roasting almonds/hazelnuts with some 72% dark chocolate. Delish!
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I had the most amazing no sugar added slim a bear klondike bar... it weighs in at 100 calories (decent size too) and the pack was half the price of skinny cow ($3.25 for klondike (&it was BOGO at Publix) vs $6.00 or skinny cow). I also will buy a bag of chocolate chips and keep a measuring spoon to portion out a serving, and enjoy each chip one at a time :). Finally I will have chocolate milk after a workout (good for recovery as well, so i'm told).
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I just found Adora Dark Chocolate Calcium supplements, and they are fantastic! They're about the size of a Dove Promise, and I get to eat two a day for only 60 cal! I had the hubby try one, and he thought it was really good, too, so I know it's not just wishful thinking. :wink: They're my post-lunch and post-dinner "dessert" now.
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate every day. One tablespoon of baking cocoa in my protein shake along with some peanut butter is yummy... also I will take 10-15 chocolate chips and eat them with a cracker and a couple of almonds and for some reason it makes me feel like I just had a cookie!
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm a confessed chocoholic, and definitely will *not* give it up! :) I just bought the WW Dark Chocolate Rasberry bars-excellent dark choc. taste, and only 80 calories per bar-a serving is considered 2, but one was enough for me. I love some of these other ideas though, thanks everyone!
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'd like to add, I've found through experimentation that a small amount of very rich, high-quality chocolate kicks a craving way better than WW, 100-calorie packs, fat free/sugar free, 'diet-friendly', etc. Some people focus on volume, but the real stuff is always going to be more satisfying! Enjoy it in moderation.