need some motivation or else!!!

seseymj1
seseymj1 Posts: 17
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
I have been on myfitnesspal for 4 weeks now and I love it......BUT I have lost not a pound for the last 2 weeks???? I have been consistently under my calorie count, I exercise every day by walking my dog for an hour....then 5 times a week I do step aerobics, spinning, body combat and gym.
The fitness pal tells me if I carry on eating like I am I will be xxxlbs in 5 weeks...well I must be doing something wrong as I am losing zilch!!!
I lost 1lb week 1 then 4lb week 2 then nothing (my weight lose ticker shows 11lb but that was a different scales moment now rectified) so actual weight lose is only 5lb......HELP!!!!!

Replies

• CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Are you making sure your net calories are 1200? Your body has to run on that or your body is going to retain fat because it will go into survival mode.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    4 weeks isn't enough...... ask again in 12 :-)
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Well done on your success so far. Sometimes the number on the scale doesn't always tell the full picture. You MUST measure yourself as well as weigh. I'ts likely that you've lost inches rather than weight. Remember, weight is so easily affected by so many factors, (not enough water intake, to much salt in the diet, TOM).

Don't be discouraged, the weight will eventually start to come down again just stick with it.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    agree with sunshine , use a tape measure as it never lies :smile:
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Are you getting enough water? Is there a possibility that you are retaining water weight? I had the same issue you're talking about and it DID turn out to be just water weight. Took me 2 weeks to figure this out and rectify the problem so that my correct weight loss finally showed.
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    I only lost a couple of lb in week 3 & 4 but 5 lb came off this week. Now this might be utter nonsense, but I have fatty liver and this apparently makes weight loss harder. As the liver let's go of the fat it works more efficiently and the weight starts to shift. As something like 4 out of 5 people who are overweight have some degree of fatty liver there may be something to this. I've been taking milk thistle and omega 3 to help my poor liver along ( as well as totally giving up alcohol) and its certainly helping. I must add that my liver was inflamed and causing pain so it was at the extreme end of fattiness!

I am in no way an expert on this and it might be wishful thinking on my part, but it's certainly worth some consideration
  • I only lost a couple of lb in week 3 & 4 but 5 lb came off this week. Now this might be utter nonsense, but I have fatty liver and this apparently makes weight loss harder. As the liver let's go of the fat it works more efficiently and the weight starts to shift. As something like 4 out of 5 people who are overweight have some degree of fatty liver there may be something to this. I've been taking milk thistle and omega 3 to help my poor liver along ( as well as totally giving up alcohol) and its certainly helping. I must add that my liver was inflamed and causing pain so it was at the extreme end of fattiness!

I am in no way an expert on this and it might be wishful thinking on my part, but it's certainly worth some consideration

How do you find out if you have fatty liver, I've not heard of this before, and do you just take milk thistle and omega 3 to put it right?
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    I was getting pain under my ribs on the right side, particularly after drinking. I had a scan at the doctors and blood tests and it showed that my liver was slightly inflamed which my doctor said was fatty liver. It's not been a really thorough examination but I guess my symptoms were pretty classic and as I am morbidly obese, pretty inevitable. The milk thistle is a herbal remedy which is supposed to cleanse the liver and there have been some studies that have supposedly indicated that omega 3 can also help. The biggest thing is low fat diet and exercise ( isn't it always!) as with all herbal remedies, it's probably not scientifically proven but as far as I'm aware, it can't do any harm. 5 weeks on, the pain has gone ( and I had a niggly pain there for over a year). There loads of info about fatty liver on the net
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Are you weighing yourself at the same time of day, under the same conditions each day? I was always told weigh yourself 1st thing in the morning after you've used the bathroom. Also how is you sleep? I was stuck for about 2 weeks at a weight, but was stressed and getting bad sleep, when I finally got a good night, the scale dropped 5 lbs.
  • Yes I am weighing at same time each week etc I think I need to lower my carbs intake as the week I did lose most was the week I ate least cabs.
  • Not sure this is my problem but will bear in mind thanks
  • Thanks everyone. I think that I am expecting too much from myself too soon. Will keep going. Am going to cut down on my carbs if I can and get more sleep and drink more water....watch this space!!
This discussion has been closed.