I hope this works....

Options
Hi there!

My name is Jessica and I am in need of some major motivation!
I have been dieting off and on for 7 years (since I had my first son). I lose weight, put it back on + more, and have been doing that over and over again.
I was recently diagnosed with bipolar, severe depression, OCD, and anxiety (what a mess) and I know that if I can get myself on a healthy lifestyle it will dramatically help my treatment process.
I put on weight VERY fast; In a week I can easily gain 5-7 pounds. It's so frustrating.
I work full time, spend two hours of my day commuting to work (there and back), have 2 children, a husband, blah blah blah. I have such a I hard time finding ENERGY to 1) cook healthy meals and 2) exercising. I leave to work at 7 (wake up at 5 to get kids ready) and get home at 6:00. After my long day at work and my long drive home I just want to plop on the couch and eat the easiest and fastest thing I can find!
So, I am looking for advise, quick recipes, quick workouts (that I can do at home), and most of all, SUPPORT.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to meeting some new friends!

Replies

• Starnjes
    Starnjes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! This site is great, it let's you see exactly what goes into your body and what comes out (calories). I have only been here 3 weeks and I have lost 7 pounds. I also have kids and work, it's not easy for sure to get any me time! I try to use the crock pot at least twice a week. I make soups and also meat. That way I can come home and dinner is ready! Good luck to you add me as a friend if you like!
  • Jess3Loves
    Jess3Loves Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi! This site is great, it let's you see exactly what goes into your body and what comes out (calories). I have only been here 3 weeks and I have lost 7 pounds. I also have kids and work, it's not easy for sure to get any me time! I try to use the crock pot at least twice a week. I make soups and also meat. That way I can come home and dinner is ready! Good luck to you add me as a friend if you like!

Wow, 7 pounds! Good for you! Are you counting calories or following some sort of diet plan?
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Jessica -- I can so relate to your story---go check my website and read my story. Also, learn about the program that has made my weight loss the easiest ever! because I have tried them all!.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have the same problem you do mostly. I work really long hours, and when I am home I would rather not cook or even try to eat healthy. What I have started doing, when I am home or have a day off, I cook something healthy for the whole week, put it in tupperware and put enough in the fridge to last a few days, and some more in the freezer. That way I have food for 4-5 days for work, and only have to cook once. Some days I work upto 16 hours, so this comes in very handy. I also try to keep very healthy snacks for myself, that are low in calories and such. Fruits, vegetables, snackbars (larabars, tigermilk and special k being some of my favs). Plus I drink tons of water, close to double the recommended amount, and that helps flush toxins. It has worked so far. Another way I have been getting decent meals, the night before, I pick up a Subway footlong on wheat, no cheese, with veggies and mustard, for five dollars, two meals. Hope some of that can be of help.

Feel free to add me, gladly share some of whats working for me and try to be a motivator if i can.
  • amypta
    amypta Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    welcome
  • lbarrett74
    Options
    I think when our lives are that busy, we get into that really bad routine. I recommend planning out your meals for the week and doing some food prep on the weekend to make it easier to throw stuff together when you get home. I also like to keep snacks in my purse like a luna bar or something that'll tide me over so I'm not absolutely starving when I get home. If your husband is home, have him do the cooking a couple nights each week. Good luck.:tongue:
  • Jess3Loves
    Options
    Jessica -- I can so relate to your story---go check my website and read my story. Also, learn about the program that has made my weight loss the easiest ever! because I have tried them all!.

Thank you! I will check it out! Congrats on your weight loss; it's amazing!
  • lbarrett74
    Options
    Great advice!!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica. I've been doing this almost a month and I've really learned a lot about what I'm eating and how it affects me. My suggestion is to eat your typical way for about a week and see what's actually fueling your body. Then start to make adjustments. Ask your husband for help a couple nights a week with dinner. Or whenever possible make enough for two nights the same week. Use your breaks for power walking 10 or 15 minutes. Drink that water too! Add me if you'd like. Best of luck with your weight loss & treatment programs!
  • Jess3Loves
    Options
    Welcome! I have the same problem you do mostly. I work really long hours, and when I am home I would rather not cook or even try to eat healthy. What I have started doing, when I am home or have a day off, I cook something healthy for the whole week, put it in tupperware and put enough in the fridge to last a few days, and some more in the freezer. That way I have food for 4-5 days for work, and only have to cook once. Some days I work upto 16 hours, so this comes in very handy. I also try to keep very healthy snacks for myself, that are low in calories and such. Fruits, vegetables, snackbars (larabars, tigermilk and special k being some of my favs). Plus I drink tons of water, close to double the recommended amount, and that helps flush toxins. It has worked so far. Another way I have been getting decent meals, the night before, I pick up a Subway footlong on wheat, no cheese, with veggies and mustard, for five dollars, two meals. Hope some of that can be of help.

Feel free to add me, gladly share some of whats working for me and try to be a motivator if i can.

Great tips! Thank you! I have tried making a bunch of food on Sundays to last me all week, but I am such a weirdo when it comes to eating food after the 2nd day. I need to start learning how to freeze!! I will add you! :)
  • Manda1987
    Options
    It looks like you need to become acquainted with my best friend... the crock pot. You can do all the prep the night before, then switch it on when you wake up and leave it alone. If you get one with a timer, you can just leave it on low all day, then it'll switch to warm when it's done. Instant food when you get home! It also makes tons of food at a time, so batch cooking is easier.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I would defo recommend Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, it only takes 20mins a day. Good luck with this anyways :)
  • Jess3Loves
    Options
    I would defo recommend Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, it only takes 20mins a day. Good luck with this anyways :)

I have been wanting to look into this, but am wondering if this is too advanced for me? I am SO beyond out of shape. Just doing a ONE dance on Wii Just Dance poops me out!
  • Starnjes
    Starnjes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am counting calories and doing some type of card six times a week. I usually do about 45mins. I either walk, swim or ride my bike. Although the only exercise I enjoy is swimming! :)