Adults only question

Options
karenjoy
karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
Anyone else notice an improvement in 'intimacy' since losing weight?

My husband is also on this site and between us we have lost a fair amount of weight, we are also much fitter etc. I have noticed a very positive change for the better and wondered if others have had the same 'benefit' from this? I had not even considered this before. :flowerforyou: :wink: :heart: :blushing: :tongue: :devil:

Replies

• chrysnel
    Options
    Absolutely! When I am feeling rotten about myself, I don't want my DH anywhere near me some days, but when I start losing weight and feeling better about myself, I don't think twice about waking him up in the middle of the night! :wink:
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I have noticed my husband initiates more often since I have dropped some weight. Before I would have to practically beg him (which did nothing for my self esteem) to be intimate. If it is like this now I can't wait til I drop the rest of the weight I need off!
  • sixpackgoal
    Options
    Yes. I can run for two hours straight.... So well that helps my endurance in other places.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Good for both of you. I hope you continue on the wonderful journey together with more joy every day.
  • Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I belive that I have to be able to want my self before someone wants me. I'm not there yet But I will get there. So yes I can understand a positive difference because both partners want firmnes.
  • LisaSaysHi
    LisaSaysHi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When you lose belly fat, it increases blood flow around your vital organs...and other good places. :-)
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Oh yea! More stamina, flexibility, and being physically closer. It also feels great that my hubby can actually wrap his arms around me.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Because I feel more confident about myself, it shows there as well. I feel great so Im able to enjoy a whole lot better. Actually we both feel as if we are teenagers again. I would never turn back knowing how well I feel today. Its not all about weight loss, its about living a happy fulfilled life.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    LOL - um absolutely. We don't call it P90SEX for nothing.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    lol it's all part of a very marvelous change for the better. I am finding my husband is like a teenager and considering we didn't meet until he was 48 and is now 55 I think that is pretty darn amazing. He also snores less, sleeps better and generally it has literally taken years off him.

I am one very happy lady :love: :laugh:
  • bayouswampmike
    Options
    I was told I snore way less.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    haha I've told my husband when I reach my goal weigh we can leave the lights on... :love:
  • braddydm
    braddydm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    YOU BET!!! And isn't it AWESOME!!!! Jokingly our 21 year old daughter even bought us a book called " The Cosmo Kama Sutra..77 mind-blowing sex posistions" FOR CHRISTMAS!!! We laughed so hard, but we are NOW using the book :happy:
  • braddydm
    braddydm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that!! P90SEX!!! LMAO!!! thank you!!
  • helenamonks
    Options
    Actually, I did notice this, and I'm not sure if its that he's more attracted to me because of the weight (because I've only lost 14lbs) or if it's my boost in confidence, but the 'baby, you're so pretty today's have gotten much more common. ;)
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i seem to have gotten "bigger" since losing weight
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I think it has a lot to do with self-confidence, as well. I'm single, but I've noticed that I'm getting more "looks" than I was. Before, it was as if I was invisible - but it might have been the vibes I was putting out there. The "I'm gross...don't look at me" thing. Now, I'm thinking "I'm looking good - hey...take a look at me!" Confidence is sexy.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Being heavy completely killed any drive I had.
  • Scidoc
    Scidoc Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely! Could be because I feel a lot more comfortable in my own skin and so that translates to a lot more physical contact and not hiding in the dark under the sheets! Not to mention flexibility and stamina, lol!
  • carissagrayson
    Options
    It definitely does help. I pretty much didnt want to touch my husband but I have lost only 17lbs so far and boy has that made a difference.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!