30 day shred vs p90x

sweetNsassy2584
sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Its time to step my workout routine up a notch. I would like to know which one is better. Anyone's ideas and comments would be appreciated. I've heard good things about both but i'm still not certain. I just know Ms. jillian is hard on ya!!

Replies

• watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    i haven't actually done their "programs", but I've done the videos quite often. The shred video was challenging, but P90x was way harder.
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    I thought about starting P90X but the cost stopped me and I ended up joining a group doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Slimdown. It's not the same as the 30 day shred as it incorporates her No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metablism dvd's as well as the shred. I like it better because I"m getting intense workouts some days and then the shred days are difficult but quick. The group is called "FEBRUARY 2011 JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SLIMDOWN CHALLENGE" and outlines all of the videos you do and on which days. We're on Day 5 now which means I need to get off my butt and do the Banish Fat video now :-)

Good luck!
  • areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    P90X is going to kick your booty, in a good way :-) I don't know much about the other, but P90X you'll need dumbbells and a pull up bar. You can use band as well. It shows all the exercises with a band. Let me know what specific questions you might have.

Angie
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    it depends on how much time and money you have and want to spend. I love 30ds because it was cheap and is 25 minutes a day. less room for me to say i don't have time. As far as results go the pictures on MFP from P90x speaks for itself and it is really a great work out, but it takes more dedication then I have currently
  • I am currently doing the 30ds on about day 13. It does a pretty good job of toning. I also am doing her 6week 6 pack video every other day. P90x put me off purely becuase of price and time. I love the 30 ds video---cheap and all you need it a set of weights and some space to move around. I still do lots of walking and cardio on top of the video because i find its not enough for cardio but definitely works the arms, legs and abs.
This discussion has been closed.