Calories burned

Options
I did a huge amount of exercise today... kickboxing and snowboarding, and burned almost 1300 calories. I don't know if I could physically EAT all my calories back today... what does everyone think about eating exercise calories?? Most of the time I don't... sometimes I use it as extra leeway for a treat, but as a general rule, I'm satisfied with my normal diet. Today, though, I'm wondering if I should eat a little extra with all my exercise!

Replies

• digit78
    digit78 Posts: 177
    Options
    I faced a similar dilemma yesterday. Not only was I not hungry enough to eat them, I was also too tired to bother with effort of getting up and making something! Ha
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    I had a day like that yesterday. Burned 1000 but only ate back about 300. I say eat some of them, that way your body is getting the nutrients it needs and you're not falling below 1200 calories.
  • adrienne4791
    Options
    Its funny you mentioned this because it was showing I have 1400 calories left for the day after exercise and there is no way I'm gonna eat those! Decided on eating a meal replacement bar which is around 400 calories and call it good. I wouldn't worry about eating all those calories :smile:
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Definitely try to get some of them in, peanut butter, nuts, protien bar or shake. Its not good for your body to survive on so little after a hard burn. I used to not eat my calories and found myself binging every couple of days, like my body was trying to make up the calories.