50 X 50 Project

Options
Hi... not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but here goes...
This August I turn 50 and realized I wanted to start the next bit of my life way healthier. On Jan. 1st I started The 50 X 50 Project where I aim to lose 50 lbs by that 50th birthday. I think it's doable cuz I've got 8 months and that calls for a fairly reasonable weekly loss.
I was doing alright, then I found MFP as an app on my phone... WOW!! Absolutely everything I need to keep on track in one place... I'm loving it!
If I have a challenge currently it's that I've got some pesky periomenopausal nonsense going on, so while I'm following the program quite closely, the weight isn't coming off so easily.
Ah well... the upside is that my energy levels are fantastically good, so I think if I just hold on, everything will sort itself out :)
thx for being here ... it's always comforting to know others are on the journey as well :)

Replies

• shushka136
    shushka136 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a true challenge! I wish you the best of luck in tackling those 50lbs!
  • ltowne
    ltowne Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You can do it! I am turning 55 next week and find that the older I get the more it takes to lose weight. The key for me is exercise. Not just the daily routine...you have to mix it up. I began zumba classes two days a week and joined a gym. It is difficult to find the time, but I have seen the results. I have lost 11 pounds since January 1 and haven't felt deprived of food. Good luck!
  • mercedes160
    Options
    That is a great challenge as well as the perfect Birthday Gift you can give yourself, just stick to what you are doing and make sure you are not eating a lot of sugar, fat, carbs, with exercising minuim 3 days a week you should reach your goal