Daily calorie goal before exercise added

Options
Do you calculate in the exercise and allow additional calories or just try to stay under the goal calories you entered? For instance my goal is 1200 but I get more if I exercise.

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I exercise so I can eat more. My calories are set a 1200 but if I burn 500 I now have 1700 for the day. :) I hate to starve so I NEED to workout! :)
  • ltowne
    ltowne Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I use my exercise calories to eat more. It has been pretty successful so far. Remember though.....muscle weighs more than fat so if you are building muscle from your exercise you might not be loosing as quickly as you think you should. Be patient!
  • KeepingUpWithPups
    Options
    Basically, you have a certain calorie goal, and exercising allows you to eat more if you choose (you don't have to if you don't want to). For example, if your general calorie goal is 1400, but then you really hit the treadmill and burn 800 calories, you would be still be under your calorie goal if you ate under 2200 calories of food, because that 800 calories you lost gets added to your goal.
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I exercise so I can eat more. My calories are set a 1200 but if I burn 500 I now have 1700 for the day. :) I hate to starve so I NEED to workout! :)

that's EXACTLY what I do as well
    if I have a good workout, I get to eat more :) motivation and on weekends when we are going out with friends, I will work out in the morning and later on so that I bank a bunch of calories...just in case.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should replace at least some of those calories you earn with exercise. Here's a good thread that helps explain how MFP works, metabolism and why you should eat at least some of them. Good luck to you!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits
  • adair2bthin
    adair2bthin Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link, exactly what I was looking for! Thanks everyone for sharing their thought. Healthy and long term sounds like the way to go.