Mom of two dying to lose!

Options
Hey everyone, my name is cassie and i'm 28 years old and a mom to two beautiful children. ethan who is 3.5 and emma who is 3.5 months old. i used myfitnesspal when i was pregnant to help me count calories to GAIN weight, now i'm using it to help me lose. i have to say losing is much harder. the day i had my daughter i weighted 154lbs. today i weigh almost 160 at last check. insane! i've recently received two back to back depo provera birth control shots to have the essure implants put into my fallopian tubes (a new form of tubal) thanks to the wonderful depo ( i know cause i used to use it all the time) i cannot stop putting food into my face! right after i had my daughter i weighed 135 and felt great, then the depo hit and wham! i've always been smaller and wouldn't mind being heavier if it wouldn't all settle around my waist! i have extreme muffin top and i'm working toward getting it off! today is the first day i've exercised in a while. i was proud to see i was under my suggested calorie intake for the day. my husband is bringing home the as seen on tv version of p90x tonight and tomorrow i'm going to start that. i'm also doing an acai detox which is mostly natural so none of that starving yourself stuff. i'm trying to do this the healthy way because i know i can eat pretty much whatever i want if i'd just exercise. it's just tough to find time with two small kiddos but i'm going to make time! oh and i HAVE to stop drinking cokes. i'm addicted and drink sometimes 5 or more a day. today i only had one :) i don't have a ton to lose but that doesn't make it any easier i don't think. i'm looking for some people to add as friends who can help and be supportive :) happy losing to all of you!

Replies

• lynnfreeman
    Options
    Hi Cassie, I am also a mom of two and they are two beautiful girls - Kayla is 7 and Kayden is 2.5. I joined weight watchers after I had Kayla and lost 35 pounds on it, however, this time with Kayden I was looking for some help, but could not afford WW this time around - I found this website in a Parenting book the other day while getting my allergy shots. It is very tough to loose, I agree with you. I have a soda problem also - I LOVE Dt. Dr. Pepper - even though it is diet - it still is not good for me to drink all the time... I wish you all the best! Lynn Freeman