Looking for new running shoes

Options
Anyone have a pair of running shoes they love? I over pronate and have terrible knees. I had a lateral release done on my left knee in 09 and need the right knee done as well so support is essential!

Replies

• coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You need to find a local running store in your area and get fitted!
    I have changed brands several times in the last yrs. Right now I am in Brooks. Wore Asics and Mizunos before that..Your gait changes with your weight and how fit you get and how long you run...I may try the Vibrams..just chicken to do so
    GEt fitted, get fitted get fitted.
    And when they stop selling the shoe that becomes "the one" do not rely on the next model being the same...
  • randibiernot
    Options
    I went to a store that looks at the way you walk and then recommends a shoe. I have Saucony and love them.
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You need to find a local running store in your area and get fitted!
    I have changed brands several times in the last yrs. Right now I am in Brooks. Wore Asics and Mizunos before that..Your gait changes with your weight and how fit you get and how long you run...I may try the Vibrams..just chicken to do so
    GEt fitted, get fitted get fitted.
    And when they stop selling the shoe that becomes "the one" do not rely on the next model being the same...

absolutely! get tested at a running store. I didn't the first go around and messed up a shin muscle --- now that I'm in Brooks with mild pronation, I'm dandy
  • Randie2002
    Options
    I reciently got some new asics. I went to Nordstrom to look and the sales people there were really helpful and knowledgeable. I ended up paying a bit more than I would have at other places but I felt it was worth it to get the help. Good luck
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I use to wear New Balance all of the time, my knees started bothering me and I talked to a few people and they all swore by Brooks. My dad bought be a pair for my birthday last year and they are great. I don't really run, but they are really comfortable and have been great for my knees and I am about 125 lbs overweight.
    1787 Posts: 2
    Options
    I also went to a running store recently and they took a video of the way I walk on a treadmill. I ended up with a pair of asics again and they have very good support. I lean heavy on the sides of my feet and I suffer with a little arhiritis so really need that extra support that these shoes give. I tried on others but these are soooo comfortable. However I really agree with the others, its so worth it to go to a store and get fitted; I couldn't believe the difference it makes.:smooched:
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Looks like I am heading to the other side of town to The Runner's Advantage! I was fitted once before but they tried to sell me on a $175 pair of shoes. I was not really active at the time and had not started the cycle of knee surgery so at the time it seemed a bit excessive to just walk around in. Thinking of two pairs. One to just run around town in and one to actually run around town in! LOL! Thanks all!
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Deffo get them fitted, I am wearing Brooks ones now, actually the pair before were guy's trainers! I dont have big feet or anything but my feet turned in when I walked and apparently thay were the best trainers for something like that, they were brilliant. A good fitting place will reccomend the best shoes for you regardless of price, so ones that try to get you to buy the most expensive seem a little shifty.