HELLO Diet Soda Cake!!!

Options
Hey Guys,

I just learned a new cake recipe. Take your favorite dry cake mix and, instead of mixing with the eggs, oil, etc. that it says on the box, just mix it with one can of your favorite diet soda. Then bake as listed! Mine took a little less time then the box said so I just kept an eye on it.

I made chocolate cake with Diet Cherry Pepsi...but think of all the possibilities with different cake mixes and sodas!!

The best part: A pretty good sized slice was 160 calories! I added 2 tablespoons of frozed light Cool Whip (tastes so much like ice cream) and still only 185 calories for the whole thing!!

I hope this brings you as much happiness as it did me today!! LOL

Replies

• gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for posting this! I'm going to try it.
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I love this recipe and have made it three times since starting this program! I have an added twist to it...let the cake cool and then mix a package of sugar free jello with one cup of boiling water. Poke holes in the cake, pour the jello in and let it set in the fridge for a couple of hours. Then top with the cool whip...double yummy. Last night I made one with Diet Ruby Red Squirt and Strawberry Jello. It is WONDERFUL!!
  • wccafe
    wccafe Posts: 20
    Options
    interesting.
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    does it really taste ok though??? I'd like to try it
  • rosita76
    Options
    bump
  • sehncw99
    Options
    wow i am so trying this! thanks :)
  • bluemartini6
    Options
    Bump
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Ooh I bet it is good with the jello!

Yes, surprisingly I did think it was very good! I mean it is different, but not a lot and not (IMO) in a bad way. Ya'll will have to let me know what you think! :-)
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have cupcakes in the oven now. Hope they turn out. :)
  • amberleemoore
    amberleemoore Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this!!! I am so excited to try it!!!!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    does it really taste ok though??? I'd like to try it

Yes, this the only way I bake a cake. Super easy and yummy too.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This recipe has been going around the Weight Watcher community for years now. I saw it when I did WW, about 6 mo to a year after my oldest was born.....and he's 9 now. The possibilities of this are endless....and they do turn out nicely. Even my hubby (who's not much of a cake/cookie/candy eater) likes it.
  • Gwooh
    Gwooh Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I did this with Diet Sprite and a Strawberry cake...also a spice cake with a can of pumpkin...it was awesome!
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    This sounds heavenly. I must try! THANK YOU
  • SarahBearNZ
    SarahBearNZ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump