had a real crappy day

Options
dawnna76
dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
we went to the park and while there someone broke out the window of our car and stole my purse. it was way back between the 2nd and 3rd rows way out of sight with our tinted windows. my husband and I even both saw the guy hanging around the park and each thought he looked creepy, that will teach me to trust my gut next time that something bad was going to happen.

so he got my purse with had my kodak easy share, my wallet, all my credits cards, id, checks you name it. we called 911 and they came and started an investigation. they got the pickup truck he was driving on camera but no license plate.

in the 11 minutes from the time we called 911 he was already charging up my credit cards. he was shopping faster than we could connect with customer service! he ended up charging a total of just over $1000. he also got $35 in cash that was in my purse.

we now will have to dig up $500 (from where I dont know) to pay our deeductible to get our window repaired. we had to put new locks on the house since my keys were in my purse with my ID. I also had my car keys and my ford keys on there with remotes so that will be another couple hundred. Oh my new caoch purse! hopefully our auto coverage will cover some of the charges for new keys and fobs, and door locks and stuff. Its been a really long ****ty, ****ty day

I HATE MEAN PEOPLE!

Replies

• ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Wow, some people are just pieces of *kitten*. I'm so sorry
  • BetteRocker
    Options
    I'm very sorry that happened to you. It sucks when someone takes something from you. I hope that they are able to locate this guy and you are able to get your stuff back. I've had my car broken in twice and my purse stolen, twice. Just remember, you still have your family and your health...Things are always replaceable. I hope tomorrow is a better day!

-B
  • oscelyn
    Options
    That is really crappy!! I'm sorry this happened to you. This really sucks big time. Thanks for posting though...hopefully it will make the rest of us more careful and remind us to keep track (by making a copy of front and back of cards) of what's in our wallets and purse.
  • christydufrene78
    Options
    so sorry to hear that!! But that is all material things and they can be replaced. Thank God none of yall were harmed( gun point) anything! Those other things can be replaced and believe it or not they will get what is coming to them! Yall will be blessed in the long run!!! Hope things get better!!
  • cmo115
    cmo115 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    EXACT SAME THING happened to me at a park on labor day weekend. I called and cancelled everything but it was a holiday weekend and things went through anyway. I got over draft charges because he was taking out more than I had. I got all the money back but he got (or she I guess)
    my NEW $70 purse
    my $200 Nikon camera
    my $20 Fossil wallet
    sunglasses, cards, etc.
    OH and

some cookies LOL ;)

I am only thankful I had my iphone on me.

I am now that girl driving around with one untinted window.
  • biodeb
    biodeb Posts: 19
    Options
    That's so frustrating... I'm sorry you had to go through such a trying event. :sad:

Mean people end up getting what they deserve - one way or another. Hang in there!!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear you got slammed like that on a family outing. happened to me at a city park with my daughter once...last time we took the car. refused to give up the park, so we made an adventure of it and took the bus with a picnic basket for awhile after since i couldn't pay the repair bill for awhile. will be rooting for you and hope next week goes much better!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    My purse and car was stolen in 2007. It was my first and last time leaving my purse in the car- lesson learned. It changed our lives forever. Our brand new car was stolen and they put 120 miles on it. We found our car parked behind an apartment 2 blocks from our apartment. They charged my card at several gas stations but all the gas stations they went to, had "fake" cameras outside at the pumps. Of course they would... Hopefully your credit card companies can do something for ya, I had to provide the case number for them to remove the charges from my account. I am so sorry you had to go through this too. ((hugs))
  • mjd0109
    mjd0109 Posts: 152
    Options
    I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but .... I used to work in insurance and to the extent of my knowledge your auto insurance will cover any damages to the vehicle (broken window), not lost/stolen items :( HOWEVER if you have renters insurance that would pay for lost/stolen items.

Either way I'm really sorry this happened to you! I firmly believe in karma, he will get his! Someone recently stole a couple hundred dollars from me by making a copy of my debit card. It was a huge hassle and I felt very violated. Just keep in mind, people are there to help, they didn't do it so try not to get frustrated with them (i know its hard, especially when they seem like idiots haha). You'll get more glue with sugar if you know what I mean :)
  • angelo74
    angelo74 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    wow! I'm so sorry for you! The same thing happened to me but they stole my GPS. And I had all my addresses to all my friends and families with their names on it, including my work. Very scary!