Anyone use KINECT for a workout?

Options
Hello ALL!
I am fairly new to this.. Let me just start by saying I have a loonnng way to go!!
I go to a gym twice a week, but our weather has been awful & dont like traveling in the snow so today I bought a KINECT, I had played the Adventure game that came with it for appx 30 minutes & I had never gotten so sweaty at the gym! Has anyone else tried & been successful with the KINECT fitness & losing weight?
Thanks!!

Replies

• phoenixrises
    Options
    I haven't used it myself yet but a friend of mine just bought it and said its amazing. Surely if you're moving and sweating its got to be good?!
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    im using the biggest loser and i also have the adventures and kinect sports .... waiting to buy a heart rate monitor so i can figure out how many calories i am burning while playing the sports games .... I also am going to buy zumba dance and dance central for the kinect next!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Yep! I do Zumba, Your Shape, & Dance Central. I incorporated them in with my cardio along with the treadmill in January. Lost 16lbs. This month I'm only doing Zumba. I want to see how much I lose doing only that.
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes!!! We have the Adventures, Zumba, Your Shape and Dance Central. You can burn lots calories and the games are fun!

We've had more fun with Adventures but Your Shape has kicked our butt! I've done Zumba in a studio before, so changing it to a game has been interesting... Dance Central seems like it would be fun, but I haven't have time to really play with it...

No regrets here! We already had the Xbox, so we just bought the sensor and with it came the Adventures. We had to buy the other three separate. Look for sales on these, sometimes you can get a discount if you but 2 or more (like at Best Buy)...

Manda
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I just got kinect two weeks ago so I could incorporate something new into my regiment. I like the game that came with it but I also got the biggest loser and it is a workout. I have zumba for the Wii and it gives me quite a workout so I can imagine the one for kinect does too.
  • liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes, i have the Biggest Loser and Adventures.. LOVE them both!!
  • Whitfield517
    Options
    Yes, I did the Adventures game with my son and it is a real workout. You get good cardio because of all the jumping and moving around. It is a way to make working out fun for me since I have not done it in years. My sister has the Wii Fit and she said she is having wonderful results with that game system also.
  • FadraLee
    Options
    I love my Kinect!!!! I have a goal to lose at least 100lbs and I have lost 7lbs in just 10 days using dance central for one hour and a 30 minute circuit training on the biggest loser game. I still cant do all the biggest loser stuff but I definately seat my butt off and have lost inches in my waist too!!!! Great Great product!!!
  • CurvyGirl1212
    CurvyGirl1212 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Kinect is awesome!! Dance Central is the most fun I've ever had working up a sweat! I also play Adventures with my daughter...great way to keep the little ones active, too!
  • mayleen
    Options
    Kinect is awesome! I got it for Christmas, along with Dance Central, and I LOVE it!! It's so much fun that I can go an hour without even realizing it.
  • tonyparra
    Options
    just started and its fantastic....just do cardio....added it to my swimming routine