mmmm peanut butter

Options
i love peanut butter, and its one good source of protein for me because i'm a vegetarian! but what is the healthiest choice? i've been trying skippy natural peanut butter, because the fats in it are healthier than in regular skippy. but what about organic peanut butters or almond butter? does anyone know?

thanks!

Replies

• lauraj828
    Options
    i love peanut butter, and its one good source of protein for me because i'm a vegetarian! but what is the healthiest choice? i've been trying skippy natural peanut butter, because the fats in it are healthier than in regular skippy. but what about organic peanut butters or almond butter? does anyone know?

thanks!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I am in love with Naturally more PB (I buy it at Super Wal*mart). Less fat and more protein than regular PB and is has flax in it.

Otherwise I try to buy natural PB that is just peanuts. Meijer makes an awesome natural crunchy PB that my kids love.

Most commercial PB has added trans fats (partially hydrogenated oils), so the natural kind is better for you! HTH!

Jess
  • greeneggsam
    Options
    OMG have you tried soy nut butter? It's DELICIOUS!!!

I think you are doing well with the natural peanut butter; just make sure to measure carefully because PB is very dense in calories.
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Personally I like the brand Adams, you have to stir it, but all it is, peanuts and their natural oil, so good! Even my kids love it. :tongue:
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    I love almond butter, great on rice cakes, same amount of fat grams, but almonds are so much better for you than peanuts...Give it a try..Zoe
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Do not buy the "Better N Peanut Butter." It's disgusting, I couldn't tell you what's in it because after spending $5 on this junk, I threw it away. EEEKK!!
  • titanchic
    Options
    I am a vegetarian as well so if you get any good information please let me know,
    thanks,

Melanie
  • clairegl
    Options
    I use the natural peanut butter that you have to stir too as it doesn't contain any additives, just peanuts and a wee bit of salt.
    Who needs additives or extra oil in peanut butter?
    One note though, I've tried 3 separate brands versions of "Organic" and it isn't as tasty as the regular "natural" versions.
    Has anyone else noticed this? Why on earth would that be?
    I :heart: peanut butter too!!!!!!!!!
    :love:
  • seranmari
    seranmari Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In the organic section of our local Fred Meyer you can grind your own (salted, I believe) peanuts - nothing else added and it's awesome!
  • hasselh
    Options
    i am a pb junkie! i love smuckers natural chucky....a jar of that and a spoon is a little bit of heaven. needless to say, i run very fast in the opposite direction when i see it. :tongue:
    i have found a good subsitute and many of my friends agree - pb2. it is dehydrated peanutbutter and the only ingredients are peanuts, sugar, and salt (very little of the last two) It has only 54 cals per serving, and little fat. It tastes wonderful, just like peanut butter - honest!
    You can't purchase it in stores (at least in FL you can't) and have to order it from Bell Plantation (online). It's same price as store brands. You can purchase it and if you don't like it, send it back for full refund.
    Give it a try -
  • punka274
    Options
    I am in love with Naturally more PB (I buy it at Super Wal*mart). Less fat and more protein than regular PB and is has flax in it.

Otherwise I try to buy natural PB that is just peanuts. Meijer makes an awesome natural crunchy PB that my kids love.

Most commercial PB has added trans fats (partially hydrogenated oils), so the natural kind is better for you! HTH!

Jess

I was just going on here to say that I :heart: naturally more...Jess,have you tried heating it up in the microwave...OMG,Delish!

I also like peanut wonder....anybody try that? Its good but expensive! I also buy skippy natural sometimes!
  • rosiesantos7
    rosiesantos7 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and celery delicious
  • luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    Do not buy the "Better N Peanut Butter." It's disgusting, I couldn't tell you what's in it because after spending $5 on this junk, I threw it away. EEEKK!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: my thoughts exactly. tried it thought i could get use to it but ended up throwing it out

now i buy the natures promise no sodium pb, it's organic and natural only ingredient is peanuts so it tastes just like peanut butter should, i love it
  • luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    i am a pb junkie! i love smuckers natural chucky....a jar of that and a spoon is a little bit of heaven. needless to say, i run very fast in the opposite direction when i see it. :tongue:
    i have found a good subsitute and many of my friends agree - pb2. it is dehydrated peanutbutter and the only ingredients are peanuts, sugar, and salt (very little of the last two) It has only 54 cals per serving, and little fat. It tastes wonderful, just like peanut butter - honest!
    You can't purchase it in stores (at least in FL you can't) and have to order it from Bell Plantation (online). It's same price as store brands. You can purchase it and if you don't like it, send it back for full refund.
    Give it a try -

how do you use pb2 if its dehydrated, do you mix it?
  • Nena
    Nena Posts: 4
    Options
    I love Peanut butter too. I eat it by the spoonful :bigsmile: But I also like things that are organic. For me though organic peanut butter unless its the kind that you freshly grind it just doesn't work for me. I don't knwo what it is or why but regular peanut butter or the freshly grind.