What does it mean when you reply "bump"?

Options
I've noticed several members replying to posts with "bump" or "bump for later"....what does this mean??

Replies

• kathleen0211
    kathleen0211 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It means they're trying to push their post back up to the top of the forum list on most forums.
  • misskelly121
    Options
    Bump means they have nothing to add to the conversation but they want to have the post in their "My Topics" to read later.
  • llstrength
    llstrength Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    HAHA! I just asked my husband this same question about five minutes ago. He said it gives the post more comments so it "bumps" it up and more people will see it instead of getting lost in past posts.
    He said it in a less confusing way I think :)
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Oh that is totally funny... I was wondering the same thing. I thought it was like a virtual "fist bump" or something. Like a way of saying "good job". LOL!
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    BUMP= Bring Up My Post
    it puts it back at the top of the list so more people can see it
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    actually both are true. bump a good article to peruse later so gets it more hits and keeps it active vs being archived longer.
  • kellyrbrooks
    Options
    Cool!! Bring Up My Post!!!! You are all so smart!!! Thanks!

x
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    BUMP= Bring Up My Post

huh I never knew that it actually stood for something, now I know lol
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    i use it to put on my topics so i can reference the discussion later.
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    BUMP= Bring Up My Post

huh I never knew that it actually stood for something, now I know lol
    LOL that is what I was told on another social site (that i no longer use). it makes sense
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    LOL that is what I was told on another social site (that i no longer use). it makes sense
    [/quote]

That's how I found out too!
  • Jas_265
    Options
    Bump............. LOL I was also wondering what that was all about
  • KWSR16
    KWSR16 Posts: 91
    Options
    OMG I totally thought that I was out of some kind of loop that was talking about bumps or something LOL Thank you SO much for posting this... I always felt like such a dork not knowing why everyone was saying bump...lol I always wanted to ask... but was afraid the answer was too obvious :blushing: ...so I didnt... THANKS! Now I'm in the loop!! :laugh:
  • SJSchwartz
    Options
    Yes, that's what it stands for Bring Up My Post. I do this when I want to keep tabs on a particular thread. Then i just have to go to My Topics, and it's there for me to see.