Best way to burn a lot of calories??

Options
I am 232 lbs. and I can't as of yet do all those exercise videos.....does anyone know of a good, FUN exercise to do that will burn a lot of calories besides walking , which I already do.......thanks in advance :smile: Or should I just go ahead and start the videos and do what I can until I am able to do the entire video?

Replies

• healthy1215
    Options
    i have a gazelle, it burns the same number of calories as walking, but it has less impact on ankles and knees. if you like the videos, just do what you can and push to do a few more minutes each time, soon you will do the whole thing! :bigsmile:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I vote to throw that video in there and do the best you can on it. Don't sell yourself short. Go along with it, do what you can, and over time, you'll find that you can do more and more of the moves. Push yourself to the limits :)
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Do what you can! Just work at it! Good Luck!
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    the only way you will be able to do those videos is to do them...the first time i did any of the dvds i nearly died and now i can get through them without any issues, yes it is hard work, but losing weight is hard work. Cardio and getting your heart rate up and keeping it up will burn a lot of calories. i can do cardio and burn 500 calories in 40 minutes, but i have worked up to do that, baby steps, do what you can. Playing games that get your heart rate up can be fun too
  • kymloos
    kymloos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do what you can do - and try a bit more each time. Pretty soon the video's will seem simple, and you'll be looking for more challenging things!
  • laurawright
    laurawright Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like the Jillian Micheal's videos, but i use my elliptical almost every day! You can pretty much do anything that sounds like fun such as dancing, zumba, water aerobics, taking a hike or walking on the beach, take a bike ride or go rollerskating! Its really up to you and what you like! hope that helps, good luck to you!
  • NykoleMazzola
    Options
    what about swimming? whenever i start workout videos i can never keep up either so if i have to slow down or cant do something i dance or do my own thing as long as im still moving! :) you'll find something for you! :)
  • Melissa0711
    Melissa0711 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Step Aerobics burn a lot of calories and personally I love it, I do EA Active on the Wii and enjoy it alot!
  • kellyrbrooks
    Options
    We love playing the Wii.... bowling is great! Boxing is even better...very aerobic and the step routine is just enough to surpass what I do in walking and it's fun! If you don't have a game system just put some good music on and start your own step routine. You can start with a line dance and then move it up from there....good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I vote to throw that video in there and do the best you can on it. Don't sell yourself short. Go along with it, do what you can, and over time, you'll find that you can do more and more of the moves. Push yourself to the limits :)

This is some fabulous advice. My first video, I could not finish, but each day I tried, and each day I got a little further, and guess what? Now I am hooked!!!!! The same thing will happen to you, too.!
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    i am 259 and do wii fit & 30 day shred. you'll never make progress if you dont push yourself to do things that you "cant" do
  • hbrhonda
    Options
    Hiking burns a ton of calories plus is scenic and educational. Also, do the videos if it gets to hard just walk in place till you catch your breath or feel ready to rejoin. remember no ones watching:)
  • JulieSmiles1
    JulieSmiles1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I do jazzercise and love it! I was 270 when I started and had to go low impact and just do what I could for a while, but I still got a great burn from it!
  • arwsgirl
    arwsgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm about 230ish as well and I road bike and bought a pair of trekking poles and go hiking. I bought a HRM and found out today that my 1 mile hike burned over 1000 calories. I would have gone further but my hubby had a fever and we decided to turn around. I absolutely love road biking. It's like flying.
  • arwsgirl
    arwsgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm about 230ish as well and I road bike and bought a pair of trekking poles and go hiking. I bought a HRM and found out today that my 1 mile hike burned over 1000 calories. I would have gone further but my hubby had a fever and we decided to turn around. I absolutely love road biking. It's like flying.
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I second swimming or water aerobics. Great low-impact, full-body workout!
  • loseit4good52
    Options
    Thank you all for a lot of great ideas! I think I will go ahead and do my exercise video and do as much as I can. :smile: :heart: