Must be doing something right

Options
Started exercising in earnest about 4 weeks ago. Just basic step ups, then added hand weights. At week 2 added an HRM to keep me honest. This week had to adjust the step higher. Added 4 pounds on a weight vest. I am barely making into my training HR zone. Time to add more weight to the vest. I think this exercise stuff is working. Plus I have lost about 10 pounds as well. Yeah!!!

Replies

• Jinxyjinx
    Options
    great job! on the losing ten pounds I mean. about your weighted vest, where did you get one? i run up and down my three back steps but a vest sounds like a good idea, and more of a challenge. can you get them at like a regular sports store like ****'s or Hibbets?
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Great job Petey!! Keep doing what you're doing!! Congratulations on your progress so far!
  • petey49
    petey49 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi JinxJinx: I got my weight vest about 20 years ago from a person who was trying to market them (he was not successful at the time). I have seen them at Target aand Walmart. I am sure the sports stores have them as well. If you don't want to spend the money, take a backpack (preferably one with a chest strap) and add some weight (bricks work) to it.

Thank you Celo24 for your encouragment.