so ashamed

Options
:( I finally got a scale today and was thinking I was about 220. but it was 20 pounds more than that! how'd this happen so quickly?? I can't believe I weigh that much. I'm thankful I'm tall so it doesn't look like I'm 240 :/

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. It creeps on rather quickly.However, you're on the right path if you're here.
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    All that means is it'll be that much better of a story once you reach all your goals!! :) Good luck!
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    All that means is it'll be that much better of a story once you reach all your goals!! :) Good luck!
    thats the way im looking at it! I am currently 259 and 5 ft 9. i cant wait to say "YEP! I lost 100 pounds!"
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I gained 50 lbs so quickly. I was in between 180-190 and then all of a sudden I was close to 240. Partly due to my thyroid, but totally my fault. I was totally embarrassed and ashamed. We can do this together, though! :)
  • jittythekitty
    jittythekitty Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    thats the way im looking at it! I am currently 259 and 5 ft 9. i cant wait to say "YEP! I lost 100 pounds!"

Wow. I started out at 259 --- at 5'8" and can't wait to say I lost 120 pounds! XD
  • TheNewDanielle
    Options
    You're doing great staying on track here. Don't feel ashamed because now that you're aware, it'll keep you motivated to exercise and eat properly :) just like the rest of us :)
  • KellieR56
    KellieR56 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone for the support! I cried so hard when I saw that number but I do feel better. thank you!
  • jmdowd79
    Options
    I hear yah. It's hard to look into the mirror these days. My ah moment came earlier today when I was looking through some photos' that had been taken at work over the past three years, and compared to other people, I was enormus. I felt so ashamed and asked myself, what the hell happened to you. I feel like I am a skinny person stuck in a large person's body. I didn't realize that it was this bad but now, I am motivated (even if it's just for a moment) to drop weight and be healthy. So, hang in there and just take it day by day. I find that's the easiest way and if you 'slip', don't be too hard on yourself, we are all only human. Good luck and if you want to chit chat, feel free to message me.
  • Lisamariemlt
    Lisamariemlt Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    totally understand your thoughts
    wow
    been there done that and more
    and now here
    and gonna get to where I should be

good luck and have fun on your new adventure
  • irasonrisita
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel
    imagine working so hard for 2 months and stepping on the scale....to find out you've gained 10 pounds? I cried sooo hard. But I guess it's a good motivator to start working!

My tip: Don't step on the scale. It's not even worth it.
  • katiefraay
    Options
    I gained weight really fast too, but it was because I slowed down my metabolism. In a month I gained 10 lbs.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    You're here! That's a huge first step that many people never take. I was so mad at myself for gaining back everything I'd lost the previous year. But you know what? That was in the past. I'm sorry you felt so upset, and hope that you find the support you need here.
  • canucklynn
    canucklynn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just a reminder: you are not a number. You are beautiful!
    Only you have the power to let a piece of machinery and a number ruin your day. You are bigger than that. You are smarter than that.
    There will be ups and downs. You didn't wake up overweight in one night, and it isn't coming off in one month. But you are here with like-minded people, you have made the commitment to change and you have tasted the fear of what you don't want. Embrace that fear and move forward.
    Go girl!
  • Sweetness33
    Options
    I gained a lot of weight very quickly toward the end of high school and in college, and I remember the feeling of getting on the scale and being surprised by the number. However, now I just think of it all as even more rewarding when I finally reach my goal, knowing that I was able to overcome that.
    Welcome to the site!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I gained 50 lbs so quickly. I was in between 180-190 and then all of a sudden I was close to 240. Partly due to my thyroid, but totally my fault. I was totally embarrassed and ashamed. We can do this together, though! :)

Me too! I have been diagnosed hypothyroid, and in December I was 242 :(

Down 10 pounds since the new year. We can do it together!
  • bstiver
    bstiver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I thought that too. When I stepped on a scale I was expecting 190ish, but I got 206.6 intead. I was shocked, but it has most def given me alot of motovation. I almost to 190 now :D Only 2 1/2 more pounds! :D
  • rdy2begin
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel ,when I got my scale I though 207 ...NOPE 223 I was devastated and I am 5'2 Since this site I am 199 :) A way to go but super stoked ..so I understand completely...Best wishes on your success