First Day

Options
Well, today is the first day...exercising, watching what I eat, & stopping myself from eating for entertainment. My husband and I have found ourselves in a routine where everything we do is about food. Going out to eat, attending dinners/functions, or our conversation centers on cuisine. We are even planning our vacation around what kind of food will be available.

This is our first year of being empty nesters and I have come to the conclusion...we have fill the void with food.

I was excited to learn about this site from our dietitian. Friday my husband and I scheduled AND attended an appointment to reinforce what we already knew and Tuesday we will see a fitness counselor. We are blessed to have these resources available but now it is up to us...no more excuses. I find this a bit daunting but love the thought of feeling healthier and more confident.

So....here we go!

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    yea, one thing I learned on my journey is that food is no longer the center of attention. I now go out to dine with friends/family, not for the food. I have really learned how to enjoy the atmosphere more than the food that is there. Such a huge accomplishment for me-you have no idea.
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Eating out is your enemy :( It's better to cook your own meals so that you know exactly how many calories are you consuming. Fresh meats and veggies are your friends :)

Welcome :)

Add me
  • luv2photo
    Options
    I honestly have not thought about gong out to eat for any other reason than eating....thanks! Companionship and atmosphere sounds like fun.