Just Joined This Week

Options
Well, I have been struggling with weight issues pretty much since I had my first child (she's almost 6) Back then it was only a few vanity pounds really so I didn't like it and thought about doing something about it, but never got around to it. My second child is now almost 9 months old and I weigh as much now as I did at 9 months pregnant with my oldest. I have got to find some way to be successful and stick with it. My problem is mostly that I want instant gratification, and it's just not available. I started trying to lose weight again on Jan. 8th,and have been doing an ok job since then, but I'm definitely slacking off more and more. (It didn't help that our whole family had the flu for a week) Since I started trying to lose weight again, I've lost 6 pounds.

I've been reading through a lot of the posts and going through as many of the success stories as I can to try and get more motivated, but I don't think reading forums makes very good cardio. I thought I would introduce myself, maybe make some friends, because I really need someone else that knows what I'm going through and can call me out when I'm starting to give up. I'm tired of the summer coming around and I'm still wearing jeans and realize "If only I had stuck with it last time, I would already be where I want to be"

I do have to ask, how do you all make yourself log everything you eat? I have such a hard time with it. I'm so busy chasing my little one around I just don't have a lot of time to log things as I'm eating them, and then a lot of stuff I eat I'm not really sure what the nutritional information is to put into the computer. If anyone has any tips or advise for this journey, I'd love to hear it. I just want to actually succeed this time. I finally got the nerve to make myself take some "before" pictures, now I have to work on the after :)

Replies

• Sweetness33
    Options
    It can be hard... which is why I end up eating a lot of Lean Cuisines/Weight Watcher meals. I know that isn't always possible for everyone, so I bought a cookbook that lists calorie content of every single item in it. The other thing you can do if you're finding you don't have time to track is plan out your meals ahead of time so you can put them in when you have a little bit of time.
    The database is really good too, so you can always try and look things up ahead of time!
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Those sound like some good ideas for me to try to follow. I think I'm just going to have to do a little more planning ahead. I'm so afraid of buying food though. I don't trust myself to buy things that are actually good for you. It's like everything you think would be good for you, turns out for some reason it's really not that great, if that makes sense.