I SOOOO didn't want to run today...

shoog883
shoog883 Posts: 29
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
....but I did!!! Woo hoo!!! Of course, I'm glad I did, but, man, I really didn't want to!!! Thank goodness for my wonderful husband/running partner that convinced me to go. What would I do without him? I would of been a lazy bum on the couch! :yawn: I'm grateful I have someone that motivates me, and not because he thinks I need to be running, but because he knows that I really do want to be running. Anyway, that leads to my question to you: What and/or who motivates you?

Replies

• Wetikaba
    Wetikaba Posts: 66 Member
    My trainer was cute... so I always wanted go to the gym. But now he's quit so I have to find another motivation. I wish I had a husband just like yours :)
  • Lol! There's nothing like a good looking trainer to get your butt moving! I love that response! My trainer (husband) is cute too! :wink:
  • Tipring
    Tipring Posts: 21 Member
    I am actually motivating myself. I want to d this. But, it makes me feel so good when my husband says that he is proud of me doing this without making a "New Years Resolution" to loose weight. I am doing this to feel better about myself. His pride in me is helping me to motivate and take pride in myself. I really hope that makes sense.
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    my dog...lol. and actually, i got her for that reason pretty much. i am not up to running yet by any means, but even walking sucked for me. i hate walking! so i figured if i got a dog, i would have no choice but to take her on walks. and it has worked so far. i have walked more in the past few months since she joined my household than i have in years! and if any of you has ever had a med to high energy dog, you know how disruptive they can be if they don't get their walk. amazingly enough, because she would love to run instead of walk, i have even thought about working up to being able to jog, and that is really shocking for me. lol
  • That totally makes sense! I made the goal to start losing weight a couple months before the new year, because like you, I'm not into new year "resolutions". I really wanted to make a life style change, not just lose weight. When I told my husband what I wanted to do he totally supported me, but didn't think I needed to lose weight, which was very sweet. Any woman appreciates hearing that and I know he's a genuine person and meant what he said, but I was (and still am) doing it for myself. I want to feel good both physically and mentally! Anyway, thanks for sharing your motivation!
  • my dog...lol. and actually, i got her for that reason pretty much. i am not up to running yet by any means, but even walking sucked for me. i hate walking! so i figured if i got a dog, i would have no choice but to take her on walks. and it has worked so far. i have walked more in the past few months since she joined my household than i have in years! and if any of you has ever had a med to high energy dog, you know how disruptive they can be if they don't get their walk. amazingly enough, because she would love to run instead of walk, i have even thought about working up to being able to jog, and that is really shocking for me. lol

LOVE it!!! We have a jack russell/chihuahua and he just gets this manic, crazy look in his eyes when he needs to get out. He's a great walker and runner. We love running him because he's pretty beat for a day or two after...which is nice! ;)
This discussion has been closed.