Lunch recipes for a student?

Options
Hey Everyone!

I'm sick of my everyday salad for lunch at school, does anyone have any fast, easy and high in protein ideas for me? My calorie count on here is supposed to be 1300, so i want to keep it around there as well. Thanks!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    Tuna on wheat with light mayo

Bacon lettuce tomato sandwich no mayo (or light mayo)

Cottage cheese and fruit.

Apple and almonds with cheese slices.

Turkey sliced thick with baby carrots

Peanut butter and all fruit spread on wheat

Canned organic soup ( if you can heat stuff, there are lots of choices.....)
  • allegoriedesoie
    Options
    I love, love, love veggie burgers! They're usually around 100 calories, 12g protein, and super delish. I make sandwiches with Orowheat 100cal thins--but you just have to eat it a bit cold. I like to eat raw veggies with hummus or just fruit salads. Good luck!
  • katiefraay
    Options
    Odwalla drinks. They have protein ones, while they are high in calories (about 400ish), they have fruits and protein, and I think some (maybe not the protein ones) have veggies in them. My nutritionist wants me to drink them for lunch.
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    How about a turkey wrap (lettuce, turkey and some cream cheese with or without a tortilla), some Sun Chips and baby carrots? You want to get a lot of bang for your buck in terms of protein, so soups might not be a great option unless paired with something else. Another option would be shredded chicken over nachos with some salsa. Today I had a wrap with turkey and some light pimento cheese.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love veggie burgers! They're usually around 100 calories, 12g protein, and super delish. I make sandwiches with Orowheat 100cal thins--but you just have to eat it a bit cold. I like to eat raw veggies with hummus or just fruit salads. Good luck!

yeahthat.gif

Oh, man, how could I forget!!

Especially Boca Burgers. Yumm

I eat a lot of hummus too. Good on bread with cucumbers and cheese and tomatoes, great as a veggie dip.

Great ideas
  • fightingdissonance
    Options
    Hummus and baby carrots as a mini lunch is awesome, so easy to cart around for a day at school and is very filling if you're balancing your meals through the day. Also a sandwich with turkey, mustard and swiss on whole grain bread comes in around 350-400 calories depending on the ingredients and is great for protein!