Chicken

Options
Boneless,Skinless British Chicken Breast Fillets....on a pack I bought yesterday it says "Typical values as served"....but how is it served in their calculation?...I just wanna know the values as bought...then add on anything I enhance it with in the cooking. Can anyone help?

Replies

• wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I think it basically means cooked (grilled, roast, boiled) without anything added to it. If you add anything, like fat, or the ingrediants in a recipe, then you need to add the calories for the added items.

Hope that helps, Wendy
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to enter your own recipe and use "generic - chicken breast" as your search for the meat ingredient. I have a few recipes in my diary that don't come close to the numbers that are in the database for a similar item. Accuracy is key w/ calorie counting IMHO.
  • BlissgateClare
    Options
    Thanx..that's what I thought because their "as served" seems so different to raw chicken in the database on here.
  • carolyne2
    Options
    Hope this helps

Breast,fillets skinless and boneless, 100g raw = 126 cals 25.1g prot 1.2g carb 2.3g fat and 0.2g fibre
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    This will also depend on the quality of your chicken breast - has it been pumped full of water? If so, it will lose weight in cooking, so you may be getting less 'actual chicken' than you originally thought.