ArcTrainer

Options
Has anyone else discovered this AWESOME piece of equipment?! I absolutely LOVE this thing :) It burns so many more calories than any other trainer I have tried, and I can get my heart rate up and keep it up for a full hour. It took me about a week to be able to build myself up to an hour...but it CAN happen! If you haven't tried this at your gym...try it!...here is a link I found where you can see how many calories you are losing from certain pieces of equipment.

http://www.cybexintl.com/fitnesszone/calcs.aspx

Have a happy weekend!
~Sarah

Replies

• carroll777
    Options
    Hey Sarah ,
    We have two in my gym and happily not many people use it:-P
    I do the interval workout at level 10 and can burn nearly 700 cal in 40 minutes - depending upon my play list!
    I like that I can lean-in by changing the grip and work another muscle group.
    Carroll in Malaysia
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I like it a lot better than the elliptical because it's not as hard on my knees. Since I am jogging as well, on the days I don't hit the trail or treadmill, I want to do some cardio that's not so hard on my joints.

I loves it!!
  • alotasmyls
    Options
    Carroll,
    I go to the YMCA and they are all over the place! I don't really care for the full body one, but I am trying to work my way up to it :) The arm motion throws me off a little! lol Yes! 700 calories in 40 minutes is AWESOME! Congrats :) I can actually burn about 1000 calories in just an hour...its like running for an hour without the impact. The first few times on it was difficult and felt very akward, but it has become completely natural for me. I hope more people try it out...it has definitely given me the extra push to lose my last 5 pounds that I'velost. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

Sarah in Kansas
  • carroll777
    Options
    1000 cal in a hour is great, especially if it is all legs - way to go!
    Give the full body one another try someday, it has really kept my arms from getting too big - I don't want to look like Popeye:-P
    Take care,
    Carroll:smile: