Cleansing diet

rjlam
rjlam Posts: 149
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
Went to see my Naturopath and he has put me on a kidney/lymphatic cleansing diet. He does this every late winter beginning of spring. This program will last 6 weeks. It basically eliminates all processed foods, salt, sugars, caffeine, dairy and wheat during this time. You would think I would not be able to eat much but on the contrary. I will be eating fish, chicken, veggies, fresh fruit and brown rice products such as cereal and pasta. Will be consuming herbal teas and having either soy/almond milk with my cereal. My biggest challenge will be to stop the COFFEE. I'm not looking forward to this one because I know I will go into caffeine withdrawal which is not fun. Wish me luck.

Replies

• ScottyLikesCake
    ScottyLikesCake Posts: 54 Member
    Wow, that looks tough but also looks like you know how to eat well so you don't go hungry.

I am also a bit of a coffee addict and am trying ot cut down my caffeine intake. Good luck!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    I gave up coffee for a little while at the beginning of the year and had green tea instead and didn' t get the headaches and stuff the goes with the caffiene withdrawals.

Good luck.
  • Good Luck.
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    sounds difficult, but you can do it!!!!! I used to drink maybe 3-4 cans of soda a day and now I am lucky if i have 1, I never thought i would be able to do it or stick with it......so you can do it too..... we are here to support ya!!!
    Robin
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    I gave up coffee for a little while at the beginning of the year and had green tea instead and didn' t get the headaches and stuff the goes with the caffiene withdrawals.

Good luck.
    I am pretty sure that green tea contains caffiene. So if you can't have caffiene I would check first.
  • rjlam
    rjlam Posts: 149
    Thank you for your support. I've had to do this cleans about 20 years ago and felt great afterwords. I know with everybody's support I will be able to do this.
This discussion has been closed.