Getting FRUSTRATED!

Options
I know that I have a thyroid problem, and I know it is slowing my weight loss down, but for a few WEEKS now I have been stuck at 258. I lost 10 pounds within the first 3 weeks of January. Since then I've lost TWO pounds and that's it. :( I am staying around/under my calories, I'm working out more than my 'goal' each day (which was 30 minutes). I am just doing the wii, but it says I'm burning quite a few calories. I'm drinking water. I'm eating fiber. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I still have 60 pounds to lose!!

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Without being able to see your diary I can't be sure but you might need to increase your caloric intake on the days that you work out. I know it sounds weird but if you burn too many calories and don't take in enough to keep your body fueled, the body gets confused and can start holding on to all the extra fat and weight. Try to eat some of the exercise calories that you eat for the next week and see if that makes any difference. Sometimes mixing things up helps alot.
  • sarahlummus626
    Options
    I am new at this I have been on fitness pal for 17 days now, but I just wanted to tell you to keep your head up! You are trying and I know it is frustrating but you should be proud of yourself for the effort you are putting in. So don't lose sight of your goal in your frustration and remember it will happen!!! You can do this!!!! and btw I am hear if ya ever want to vent we are all i this together ya know, so good luck and don't give up!!!!!
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Have you been taking your thyroid supplement correctly? First thing in the morning, full glass of water, nothing else for one hour and no calcium or iron within 4 hours of it?

Have you talked with your endocrinologist or primary care physician about your weight plateau? Perhaps your TSH needs to be retested and your not getting enough of your supplement.

Sometimes when you have a thyroid disorder, it isn't that you aren't doing things correctly. It could be that your levels are off. You are working against your body's timing belt. If that isn't working, (even with supplementation), you could be losing an uphill battle. Been there, done that. Two month into my new increase Synthroid level, I am already feeling the results.
  • nelliebugs
    Options
    Have you been taking your thyroid supplement correctly? First thing in the morning, full glass of water, nothing else for one hour and no calcium or iron within 4 hours of it?

Have you talked with your endocrinologist or primary care physician about your weight plateau? Perhaps your TSH needs to be retested and your not getting enough of your supplement.

Sometimes when you have a thyroid disorder, it isn't that you aren't doing things correctly. It could be that your levels are off. You are working against your body's timing belt. If that isn't working, (even with supplementation), you could be losing an uphill battle. Been there, done that. Two month into my new increase Synthroid level, I am already feeling the results.

Unfortunately I am not on thyroid meds at the moment. I just got insurance this month and haven't found a doctor to take it yet. I'm hoping I can get in soon, after we get rid of this snow. I know the thyroid meds will help, but I was losing weight last month without them so I'm wondering why I can't this month.

When I work out, I do eat more calories. I don't eat all of them back but I do eat more. My calorie goal for each day is 1600. I stay around 1400-1600. I have upped my protein and my fiber and still nothing. I don't know how to make my diary public, I will try to figure that out.

Do you know how many calories I should be burning each day? I feel like what I'm doing is maybe not enough.
  • lisa4kids
    lisa4kids Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Get yourself back on meds....having a thyroid problem that is untreated will completely hamper your ability to lose. It's difficult even ON the medication. I bet you'll see a difference though once medicated.