12 Ideal Food to Include in Your Fat Loss Journey

Options
13»

Replies

• hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Great post !! Will be reading this one often.

But have to say, instead of the instant oatmeal, try the gluten free roll oatmeal. I had no dietary reason to use the gluten free other than it was recommended to me as tasty ! And it is !!! All the sticky gluten is gone and you're left with warm fluffy oatmeal that is super filling and helps you make it to lunch with no problems. I use Bob's Red Mill. Hope this helps.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Great post! I'm interested.in adding a protein powder before my workouts but I've never tried it. I only weigh 120 and I'm trying to lose 10 pounds; will whey protein powder cause me to gain weight or will it help shed fat into muscle? (Clearly I'm clueless!) Any ideas of what kind to buy would be greatly appreciated! :)
    Only going over your BMR calories will make you fat. You will only get muscle if you're doing some sort of resistance training, and eating enough protein. A good solid whey protein is called Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard (It should just say Whey Protein).
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    awesome! thanks :)
  • brity77
    Options
    thank you! I do strength training and everything, I just don't focus on eating protein..so its probably not helping me much. And I consume it (in a shake or whatever) BEFORE my work out? Sorry, like I said..I'm clueless! :)
  • emlov81
    emlov81 Posts: 128
    Options
    Thanks....bump :o)
  • meganld
    meganld Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rayfromtx
    Options
    My favorite food for health is Oatmeal. Over and over I see a reference to instant or rolled oats as if you had to choose. You don't. I buy Bob's Red Mill Rolled Oats. Any oats will do. I mix 1/2 cup dry oats with 1 cup skim milk and microwave for 2 minutes and 5 seconds. Cover it while it cooks. You will need to adjust to your microwave's power. How different is that from "instant".

Over time I have made adjustments to suit my needs and tastes. I now add these ingredients to tweak the taste or nutritional values.

1 Tbs ground flax seed meal- to add a balance of slow carb, fat, and protein and a slightly nutty taste with a boost of fiber. Add before cooking.

1/2 scoop of whey protein powder for a boost of protein that balances the carbs of the oats and thickens the oatmeal. Add after cooking.

1/2 cup of blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries for flavor and nutritional benefits. Add after cooking.

ground cinnamon if desired
    vanilla extract if desired
    Truvia if desired

This will give you a fast delicious bowl of long lasting healthy goodness that needs only a microwave and storage for the milk. Total time required to make it is way less than 5 minutes.

If you want to premix in a baggie, add the dry ingredients including the protein powder and go ahead and cook it all together but stir the powder in well.
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    Ooh very informative! I am trying to cut my bad carbs but they keep popping up in hidden places :grumble:
    I will try to eat more veggies!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    What an awesome post. Bookmarking this.
    Thank you.
  • thatothrgirl
    Options
    Saving for future reference! Great info - thanks!