My first weigh in on MFP

Options
this was the end of my first full week at MFP and my official weigh in i lost 2lbs i feel i let myself down and i believe that number could have been bigger. i am soooo determined to make that number even bigger by next sunday....just feeling a little down right now :(

Replies

• adurfee
    adurfee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Woman! 2 pounds is awesome! It's a healthy, perfect amount to lose per week. I know it's slow going, but it's the healthiest way too do it. You don't want to lose 5 or 10 pounds then plateau and lose nothing cause your body freaks out and hangs onto it all! Seriously, 2 pounds is great. And think about it, you are motivated even more now, and next week you'll lose another couple pounds, and you are on your way. Be positive!!!!!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    2 lbs in a week is fantastic! Losing faster than that is unhealthy for most people. You did great!
  • Booper83
    Booper83 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    2 pounds a weeks is great! It's something! Don't be discouraged. Don't just weigh in either. Check your inches. I lost inches faster than the weight! Hang in there girl! You're doing awesome!

2255748.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • carolyne2
    Options
    Congratulations on 2lb its awesome. Don't be down about it - be proud, its 2lb of fat gone forever.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    2lbs is perfect! :-) It only feels small cause you're looking at your end goal and it seems daunting. I always shoot for one and count any extra as a blessing. Seriously, don't be discouraged. In the real world, losing 2lbs. in a week is really good!
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    2 lbs is perfect and healthy . And a loss is a loss!
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    2 lbs is a weight loss that can stick! I have seen big numbers but then the came right back. slow steady and consistent is what will make this lifestyle change last! That is a great weight loss
  • kidtechnical
    Options
    I'd be turning cartwheels if I lost 2lbs :flowerforyou: If you're this down on yourself for a success I'd hate to imagine how you'll be after a slow week!
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Two pounds is no small feat! We watch the biggest loser and see the contestants disappointed by a 6 pound weightloss and get confused, but they live and breath workouts and healthy eating 24 hours a day under the supervision of doctors and trainers. Here in the real world even one pound a week doing well.

You're doing great! Think of it this way, at the rate, by the end of the month you'll be down 8 pounds!
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Options
    Well, two pounds in a week is standard and a healthy amount of weight to lose. I sometimes lose around that amount, or even only a pound. As long as I'm not gaining, I'm happy with whatever amount comes onto the scale.

Losing the weight you want (if you do it the right way) will take time. :smile:
  • losingme
    losingme Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    2pm way to go a perfect number they between 1-2 lbs is great to be able to keep at long term loss so clap for u turn that frown upside down !!! ;)
  • pwiggy
    pwiggy Posts: 17
    Options
    Two pounds is no small feat! We watch the biggest loser and see the contestants disappointed by a 6 pound weightloss and get confused, but they live and breath workouts and healthy eating 24 hours a day under the supervision of doctors and trainers. Here in the real world even one pound a week doing well.

You're doing great! Think of it this way, at the rate, by the end of the month you'll be down 8 pounds!

That is exactly what I was thinking. This is not the biggest loser, we are all out in the real world living, working and eatting, not on the Ranch. Keep up the good work.
  • Dreambodyreacher
    Options
    2lbs is GREAT!!!!! Don't be Discouraged!!!!!!!!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Anything more than 2 lbs is above the recommended 'healthy' weight loss for one week. Typical weight loss is 1 lb a week, so 2 lbs is awesome!!!