What am I doing wrong?

Options
I have been entering all my food each day, but haven't been able to eat the calories suggested. I have exceeded my exercise target for the week, yet when I stand on the scales, I've gained weight. Where am I going wrong? Any advice would be great.

Replies

• might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    there are alot of variables. How long have you been at it? Are you drinking a lot of water (it helps your body shed the pounds).
  • fevre
    fevre Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    How far under on your calories are you? Going under by too much can cause your body to start conserving - hanging on to every calorie because it thinks you're starving!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are making healthy choices and eating every 2-3 hours!!!!! I cannot see your diary, but eating a bag of fritos and counting that toward your calories, coming under calorie goal each day, will not really help in weight loss.

So, lots of healthy choices, no processed carbs, lots of protein and veggies.

Good luck.
  • dawnalldread
    Options
    It might be that you have lost inches but gained muscle weight particularly if you are excersing alot. Are your sizes reducing?
  • Dammitviv
    Options
    It might be that you have lost inches but gained muscle weight particularly if you are excersing alot. Are your sizes reducing?

This is a good point, if you are new to exercise you might be building muscle while you lose fat. Keep working at it, sometimes it takes a while before you see the scale move. Use other factors to measure success. Like how your jeans fit, and how you feel. It will happen, keep it up :)
  • hartcandi
    Options
    Make sure your carb intake is no mote than 100g per day to loss weight and between 100 - 150 to maintain. Believe me you will see the difference.
  • Chrissy721
    Options
    It's not just the calories you need to focus, but rather all intake, fats, carbs, protein, fiber and sodium intake is important to note as well. Balance is key! The rule of thumb I have been using is if it's canned or has an expiration date that is more than a week away I don't eat it (sometimes this is not an option for all you eat but if you can get it fresh it's better). I notice what helps me is planning my day and deciding what I will have for snacks, lunch and dinner while I am eating breakfast. Good luck.
  • luvtowalk
    luvtowalk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I need help... this is so silly, but really how do you seperate carbs, from fats, and how do I now how much of each to eat. I just feel so silly that I cannot figure this out.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    depends on what your eating and what your not eating.
  • punkrockmama
    punkrockmama Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This is such a huge answer.
    Have you peeked at the all the info posted at the beginning of the forums?
    Also, do a search on the topic and you'll find a ton of threads that answer (much better than I can!) these questions.

Good luck.
  • sb75
    sb75 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. I'm under on the calories, but seem balanced across the nutrients. I'll have to try to force a bit more into my body! Will see how this week goes.