Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My first weigh in on MFP

this was the end of my first full week at MFP and my official weigh in i lost 2lbs i feel i let myself down and i believe that number could have been bigger. i am soooo determined to make that number even bigger by next sunday....just feeling a little down right now :(

Replies

• adurfee
    adurfee Posts: 32 Member
    Woman! 2 pounds is awesome! It's a healthy, perfect amount to lose per week. I know it's slow going, but it's the healthiest way too do it. You don't want to lose 5 or 10 pounds then plateau and lose nothing cause your body freaks out and hangs onto it all! Seriously, 2 pounds is great. And think about it, you are motivated even more now, and next week you'll lose another couple pounds, and you are on your way. Be positive!!!!!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    2 lbs in a week is fantastic! Losing faster than that is unhealthy for most people. You did great!
  • Booper83
    Booper83 Posts: 70 Member
    2 pounds a weeks is great! It's something! Don't be discouraged. Don't just weigh in either. Check your inches. I lost inches faster than the weight! Hang in there girl! You're doing awesome!

2255748.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Congratulations on 2lb its awesome. Don't be down about it - be proud, its 2lb of fat gone forever.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    2lbs is perfect! :-) It only feels small cause you're looking at your end goal and it seems daunting. I always shoot for one and count any extra as a blessing. Seriously, don't be discouraged. In the real world, losing 2lbs. in a week is really good!
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    2 lbs is perfect and healthy . And a loss is a loss!
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    2 lbs is a weight loss that can stick! I have seen big numbers but then the came right back. slow steady and consistent is what will make this lifestyle change last! That is a great weight loss
  • I'd be turning cartwheels if I lost 2lbs :flowerforyou: If you're this down on yourself for a success I'd hate to imagine how you'll be after a slow week!
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Two pounds is no small feat! We watch the biggest loser and see the contestants disappointed by a 6 pound weightloss and get confused, but they live and breath workouts and healthy eating 24 hours a day under the supervision of doctors and trainers. Here in the real world even one pound a week doing well.

You're doing great! Think of it this way, at the rate, by the end of the month you'll be down 8 pounds!
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Well, two pounds in a week is standard and a healthy amount of weight to lose. I sometimes lose around that amount, or even only a pound. As long as I'm not gaining, I'm happy with whatever amount comes onto the scale.

Losing the weight you want (if you do it the right way) will take time. :smile:
  • losingme
    losingme Posts: 22 Member
    2pm way to go a perfect number they between 1-2 lbs is great to be able to keep at long term loss so clap for u turn that frown upside down !!! ;)
  • pwiggy
    pwiggy Posts: 17
    Two pounds is no small feat! We watch the biggest loser and see the contestants disappointed by a 6 pound weightloss and get confused, but they live and breath workouts and healthy eating 24 hours a day under the supervision of doctors and trainers. Here in the real world even one pound a week doing well.

You're doing great! Think of it this way, at the rate, by the end of the month you'll be down 8 pounds!

That is exactly what I was thinking. This is not the biggest loser, we are all out in the real world living, working and eatting, not on the Ranch. Keep up the good work.
  • 2lbs is GREAT!!!!! Don't be Discouraged!!!!!!!!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Anything more than 2 lbs is above the recommended 'healthy' weight loss for one week. Typical weight loss is 1 lb a week, so 2 lbs is awesome!!!