Trouble with Superbowl menu? Any advice?

Options
So, I'm heading over to my boyfriends house to watch the superbowl with him and his large hungry family. (lol)
They are ordering a MASS amount of pizza and someone else is making the little BBQ weiners with bacon wrapped around them....that's it!

Im at work now and I'm about to try to fill up on some yummy good chili and a little snak before I leave at 4. I don't have any way of making anything.

What do you think? What's the proper portion of pizza anyway, I don't even know. I've TRIED to stay clear of it...

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I don't even touch pizza. Go to the store and grab your own healthy food and maybe you will inspire others around you to think less of their own health at the same time. Yea, its superbowl, but really, why all the food? Nothing special going around here.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    You should be able to look up all the chain pizza places in the database and get a decent estimate of how many calories each piece is. I'd assume they are getting large pizzas so I'd use that as a starting point. Avoid anything with meat as that will be higher in calories. Not sure how many calories you have left for the day but I think 1 large piece of cheese pizza from Pizza Hut or Dominos is under 300 calories? Working from memory here so I might be wrong. Good luck and don't let one day over calories ruin it. The Super Bowl doesn't happen every day, right?
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Perhaps popcorn or pretzels, some precut veggies and a spicy hummus? (THere's got to be a grocery between work and the BF's house?)

Pick something you feel is snack food that can fill you up. Then, if the pizza siren is singing to you, take a piece. Just make sure you're mostly full first, so the second piece is not as compelling!
  • christinabgsu
    Options
    I got stuck eating pizza a few days ago. I got a thin crust hawaiian (ham/pineapple) and had two pieces and I don't think I went over my calories for the two days I had it for dinner. Be careful of a cheese only pizza b/c sometimes they double the cheese if there aren't other toppings.
  • steampunkgirl
    Options
    A slice shouldn't hurt but if you want to stay clear run to the store on your way and grab something to go like a fruit bowl, dried fruit, veggies with some hummus and drink LOTS of water to keep you full!!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Just remember, there is more than just calories to that pizza. There is fat, sodium, and tons of carbs. If we are here to live a healthy lifestyle, pizza is not the answer. You can make your own pizza with a cauliflower crust and some grilled veggies on top with some low fat mozzarella. Save you a ton of everything. Again, just saying :)
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I have worked a slice of cheese pizza from Papa John's into my day. They have nutrition info on their website . Other chains may have it too if you look. One slice & I'll make a salad to go with it. Yummy! :bigsmile:
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bring veggies and dip! it's okay if you have a little pizza..just not a lot!!
  • harmonykay
    Options
    I am in that same boat. One slice of pizza hut supreme is 430 (i think). Three coors light is 306. I added everything I thought I would want and then did 2 cardio dvds to help me fill better about it. Good Luck to night.