I think i broke my plateau!!

Options
so i've been weighing myself and ive been stuck at 172.4 then .8 and then it looked like it went up to 174..... well last night after reading peoples posts about zig zagging or having 1 binge meal or whatever, i went out and got a pint of ben and jerrys FRO YO phish food and forced myself to eat the entire pint in one setting.

I had to eat the whole thing since i still had 500 cals left to eat and just eating half of the pint would just be like "hey i'm eating ice cream".

weighed myself this morning and 168!!!! YESSS YES YES. haha!! I hope this worked we shall see in the next few days :)

Hope everyone has an awesome saturday :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lilmisslanna
    lilmisslanna Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have been reading about zig zagging too! Im going to try it today.. I have been stuck for the past 2 weeks.. ugh

Yay for you loss!! : )
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I hope it works for you!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    lol thats awesome!!!! il have to keep this in mind for wen i hit my plateau :D thanx for sharing

happy Sat n best wishes
    Kirstie xx
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    You should add it to your food diary with a note for future reference.
  • shannonshock13
    Options

did it :)
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    great job on breaking the plateau!!!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options

did it :)
    :happy:
    I know a woman who sets aside one meal per month to do this. She's gone from 263 to 145 lbs.
    She's very disciplined about it and never lets it go past her one meal allowance.

You're doing so well! Congratulations!
  • Yellowstone1983
    Yellowstone1983 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I've been doing Insanity and keeping my calories between 1400-1800 then I got stuck at 140 [point something] for over 2 weeks.. I kept up with my exercise, but was so discouraged that I ate about 2400 calories a day for 4 or 5 days, went out to eat, had some cocktails, etc. And happy birthday to me, I woke up today and weighed 139.0 finally :) Amazing how jump starting your metabolism really works
  • miabrown66
    Options
    What is "zigzagging" exactly?
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I think zigzagging means playing around with your daily calorie goals for a period. You know, eating above or below your limit for a while. Some have suggested it helps people break through plateaus as the OP has done.

OP, way to go! You must be thrilled!!!!
  • mc1217
    mc1217 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    it's when you're eating the same amount of calories per week, but not the same amount of calories per day. for instance, i try to eat a NET of 1200 calories each day (1200 x 7 days/week= 8400 calories total).

instead of my week looking like this:

monday: 1200
    tuesday: 1200
    wednesday: 1200
    thursday: 1200
    friday: 1200
    saturday: 1200
    sunday: 1200
    =8,400

...it looks like this:

mon: 1200
    tues: 1300
    wed: 1400
    thurs: 1000
    fri: 1300
    sat: 1200
    sun: 1000
    =8400

...if i did the math right lol

but about every 3 & 1/2-4 weeks, i have a cheat DAY. there is no limit on the number of calories i can eat on this day... not a cheat meal, but a whole day :) i eat WHATEVER I WANT for that 1 day, & it works for me. keeps me sane! not for everyone, but it keeps me on track.
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    I didn't know they named it zigzagging, but this seems to work for me also! LOL! I was at my plateau two weeks ago and I started eating more and what do you know! I lost some more weight! I am glad there is now a name for it and happy it has worked for you! Congrats!
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    zigzagging i like the sound of that, makes sense really as keeps your metabolic system on its toes cos your getting a different intake each day :happy:
  • dawnkitchen
    Options
    wow- that's awesome! i'll have to keep this in mind for if I need it in the future! :] thanks for posting and awesome work!!
  • shannonshock13
    Options
    thanks everyone, i am super stoked! Also glad that it's work for some of you!

I can get pretty repetitive with the way i eat and workout and most day i am a few hundred calories from netting 1200 (daily goal)
    So i think having some days that are under and some that are over is a great idea!
    :bigsmile:
  • sarahlauren18
    sarahlauren18 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love this post because I always thought you had to starve yourself or deprive yourself of yummy food to lose weight !!! Completely wrong :)
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am finding that at 1 lb per week loss, there's lots of up and down but the down is never fast enough.

Am I plateaued atm? Maybe, but it's so hard to tell. If I look at where I was a month ago, I'm down about 4.5 pounds since then, but it feels like the scale hasn't moved in FOREVER. I have to keep looking at that Reports Tab at the top of this webpage to convince myself of that.
  • cooki3s
    Options
    Think i'm stuck at a plateau at the moment.. The weight seems to have come off some areas, but its just really stubborn around the midsection.. I don't know if its bloating or what. I want to try these suggestions, sounds like it just might work for me too. :)
  • barbsus1991
    barbsus1991 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i do a version of the zig zag diet, it broke through my plateau stright away! i am ifor 1400 a day average so 9,800 a week. so one day il only have 800 but then the next i can have 1,800, then 1,200, then 800 and so on and so on, as long as my cals for the week add up to 9,800 =] its great because if you know your going out for a meal one evening you can make sure you set extra colories for that day and you don't have the guilt of going over your calories =]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!