Healthier Eating = Slower Eating!

Options
Does anyone else find that by eating healthier foods it takes a lot longer to finish meals, snacks etc. Especially when this is compared to grabbing something not so healthy. I am loving the fact the weight is coming off but when i only get a few minutes for lunch when i am work it seems to take so long to eat the fruit, yogurt and/or whatever else i have packed in my pack up!

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    in reality, everyone needs to slow down to eat their food, because this is one reason why we tend to overeat, because we eat too fast, and have not realized yet that we are not hungry any more! This is why I eat every 2-3 hours so that I don't get to the hunger state.
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I eat so slow now, that most times I can't even finish what I'm eating. I thought that maybe I was starting to catch the stomach bug thats been going around, but I guess since it happens to u too, maybe it's just the way it's supposed to be! LOL
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I find that I actually have to chew my food and not just take a bite and quickly swallow like with the softer overprocessed stuff. Usually my coworkers are done swallowing while I'm still half way through my chewing but that's ok by me. They also microwave everything in the plastic containers it came in where I heat it up on a plate and used to make fun of me because it took me longer to prepare my food but now everyone has gotten used to "the way vero prepares her lunch" and I can fit it within my 30 minutes lunch time :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    in reality, everyone needs to slow down to eat their food, because this is one reason why we tend to overeat, because we eat too fast, and have not realized yet that we are not hungry any more! This is why I eat every 2-3 hours so that I don't get to the hunger state.

Exactly. I try to take longer to eat. I strive for 20 minutes at least for snacks. Longer for meals.