stupid freakin scale lol

Options
id like to know if this is normal? im assuming not. I went and dropped $30 on a nice 440lb limit digital scale and ive been having a heck of a time with it. i get an error on about 4 out of 5 weigh attempts because my weight just baaaaaarely shifts from left foot to right foot, it only goes through if i literally stand as still as a statue. its REALLY hard to stand COMPLETELY still. i cant believe that the scale is supposed to be so sensitive. i managed to get about 7 weigh ins to appear this morning ranging from 381.4 to 389.6 or something, i took the average between them as my weight today. please help me figure out if i need to return it and get a different one or something?

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I would return it. It shouldn't be that difficult. I have a digital scale and I haven't had anything like that happen to date.
  • marc8686
    marc8686 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    it doesnt do it to my girl. she gets the same weight time after time no errors, i think its just because i weigh so much, but its a 440 limit scale, i dont get it
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, pack that thing up and take it back! It's bad enough that our weight fluctuates all the time as it is. Having a scale doing funny things...I don't think I could deal with that in the mornings!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    definitely return it! Same here, I have WW digital scale and I don't have issues like that. Good luck!
  • mommycate
    mommycate Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Return It. Seriously, a scale shouldn't be a balancing act- or a game.
    You can always try it on another floor to see if it makes a difference, but I would think there would be a better scale to work with so you don't have to average your weight. :)
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I gave up on the electronic scale...for the same kind of reasons.
    I now just weigh myself at the gym, on the old fashioned kind, with the slides and bubble level :wink:

Shedding weight is difficult enough, you don't deserve scale frustration on top of it!!

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • gdotman
    Options
    It doesn't sound right to me I get me a new one or just take it back and get the same one and see if that one works better. I have a thinner scale and it does my weight, body fat, and water in my body.
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I would also return it - I have borrowed digital scales from my parents and it can be a pain, doesnt always seem to give an accurate reading and then last week the batteries went so now I get nothing!
  • marc8686
    marc8686 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    ok all thanks for the feedback, ill definitely be returning it. i saw one right beside it that said its the scale they use on 'the biggest loser' tv show. i guess i will try my luck at that one.
  • raele
    raele Posts: 10
    Options
    I actually just bought the 'Biggest Loser' scale as Walmart has it on sale, haha. Seems to be doing the trick! Some of my friends have used it as well and it seems to be true to all of us so this far, I can say it works good! : )
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    were you using it on carpet or a rug? If so, that's the source of your problem, not the scale itself. If you were using it on hard wood or tile, then I would say return the scale because it shouldn't do that.