I need home workout motivation.. I Don't have time for the g

Options
I am still trying to understand why can't I stick to exercising everyday?! I got my eating down packed! It would be much easier if I lived next to a gym like I used too! now I have to drive to the gym so I prefer to work out at home! You think Jillian Michaels and my Wii Fit will benefit me as IF I was working out at the GYM?

I am looking to move soon too, so the gym will be out the question for now.

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    look into beachbody.com and go for turbojam. So much fun. Great music. Low impact verson to follow as well. And kickboxing was just ranked #1 by yahoo as burning the most calories! Whoot-whoot!
  • miatavixxen
    Options
    The gym is all well and good BUT the jillian michaels workouts (oy!) will kick your but just as much. The key is to just DO something. :D If you get tired of those, there are tons of free cardio workouts online too.
  • busygirl1
    Options
    hi, a bunch of us are starting the Jillian Micheals 30 day shred tomorrow so join in! Its only 20 mins a day but is supposed to be great (fingers crossed). I have just given up the gym due to lack of time and don't generally find home workouts challenging enough but reports on this one seem to indicate that its a good one :0) The group has thread on here called '30 day shred' if you fancy joining us x x x
  • raele
    raele Posts: 10
    Options
    I use the Biggest Loser workout DVDs and they seem to really help. The workouts can be as short as 10 minutes or as long as you want them to be. They're made by bigger people instead of fitness buffs who have memorized a routine so normal people can actually do it! Haha. My sister is a lot smaller than I am and she works out regularly and they even give her a challenge and she sweats just as much as I do. I find they are easier to stick to because you can chooes a variety and hey, what's 10 minutes of your day, right?!

Good luck! : )
  • NorasNana
    NorasNana Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just bought a hip hop workout video. It has 10 minute sessions (which is about 80 calories burnt). I'm a TERRIBLE dancer, so I'm sort of excited about learning to hip hop dance with no one looking, plus burning calories quickly, and I won't get bored because it's new to me. I also saw a Line Dancing work out video with 10 minute sessions. Pick one that is new to you and see if it can hold your interest, and you don't think of it as exercise!
  • jpmajors
    Options
    The secret is do SOMETHING everyday.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is no joke! I do her 30 day shred, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones on days where I don't feel like driving to the gym.. which has been basically all last week. She's awesome!

Oh! And I also heard someone on her mention exercisetv.tv so I checked that out. There's some good videos on there.. I like Natalie Yco's videos. She's actually on the 30 Day Shred.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    honestly, I just do whatever I can because I too live a distance from the gym and I don't have a car. (am I going to bus to the gym? no, talk about getting pricey).

Here are some suggestions:

I run up and down my stairs
    I do step ups onto a chair or even a couple phone books
    I lift some weights (I have 3 lb weights and 8 lb and they suffice me)
    I do some home videos (they can get boring at times)
    Any calisthenic exercise (crunches, leg lifts, squats, jumping jacks)
    Skipping

Ankle/wrist weights can also be worn doing any of these things.

Someone on here mentioned the playing card challenge, take a deck of cards, each suit represents a different move and you do the number on the card

ie. King of Hearts= 10 squats (or whatever you want); 3 of diamonds=3 lunges (or whatever you want)
    Doing the whole deck takes me like 25 minutes!

Just get creative, whatever way you can move your body move it.
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Jillian will probably kick your butt better than you'd do in the gym by yourself. I'm starting to see my abs for the first time in my life! Definitely worth investing the half hour a day with one of her DVDs. I burn 250cals in 25mins with Jillian :happy:
  • loriefolk
    Options
    Jillian Michaels will definitely prove to be beneficial :)
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    you can also look up exercise videos on youtube and exercise.tv....fitnessmagazine.com has some at home workout routines as well...carido and strength training.
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 10 of the 30 Day Shred with Jillian...she will work you! I think it's more beneficial than any gym time I've ever had...in that 10 days I see a definite improvement all around....also I HATE exercise too....but Leslie Sansones Walk Away the Pounds has helped me out so much in the last week, I look forward to doing it....get you a playlist going on Grooveshark.com or get an mp3 player, mute her and do one of her walks, she has 1 mile, 2 mile, 3 mile, and 4 mile walks you can do in your house. Great for winter! She really helped me build up to the 30 Day Shred!
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I bought the zumba dvds....i love it!!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I really think Jilian Michaels & your Wii Fit can be as good as the gym...it's all about the effort you put in. When I use Jilian Michaels 30 day shred, I honestly feel like I would have had to spend an hour at the gym to get the same workout I get w/ 30 day shred in 20 minutes. It really is so effective to switch between cardio and strength like she does!

I have the PS3 Move, not the Wii, but the Zumba game has such great routines on there! And there are so many routines you can do with just that one game...it is just like doing a Zumba class at the gym.

Plus, you can work out like 20 minutes longer since you aren't driving to the gym like the rest of us! (Or have less of an excuse about time consumption when it's time to work out)