Wii Active

Options
i cracked open the box the other day (having bought it months ago) to give it a go & i have to say im very impressed!

you have your own personal trainer (you pick a man or woman) and they talk you through all the excersizes!
ive decided to do the 30 day challange on the medium setting! this is an all over body work out of variouse excersizes!
i did 22 minutes and burned 182 calories!
i think this is great as you can track almost precisley your calories burned & your trainer is very supportive!

Replies

• jennlloyd
    jennlloyd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did that too! Very fun. Did 30 day challenge and lost 5 pounds in last week of challenge. Changing up my routine this month but next month I plan on trying the challenge on the hard level.
  • nmglay
    nmglay Posts: 69
    Options
    I love this too! It actually makes exercising fun! I can't say I like those butt kicks though!! LOL I can't seem to do those fast ones right!! I I like it being so interactive!
  • moriah5
    Options
    I am half way through the 30 day challenge. I love that program! I agree it is very well done.
  • karenkyates
    Options
    im glad to hear its so popular!!

im not one to excersize in public (though i kickbox twice a week) so this suits me perfect and my girls have a good laugh at mummy too lol

im quite please with my 3lb lost on my 1st week!
  • Phoenyxtears
    Options
    It's all I use right now. I'm 4 away from finishing the 30 day challenge, and I just started on the 6 Week on the More Workouts game. It's so awesome!

Some people don't like it, but I'd recommend Dance Dance Revolution for Wii. If you do it right and get into it, it burns a lot of calories too...and it has songs that most people know. I'm a purest and prefer the beats on the big machines in the arcades, but it's still really cool. It also has a workout mode on all three versions.
  • hollyshobbies
    Options
    i have been looking into this but have yet to get a balance board, do i need one? i have been using the game walk it out for the wii for a few weeks now, i burn about 400 calories in 1 hour
  • karenkyates
    Options
    you can use the balance board with it but its not required!
    i have not used it yet :)
  • pams1st
    pams1st Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love the Wii Active. I used it last year and now I just started more Wii Active that I got for Christmas. IT is very interactive and engaging. I like it alot.

Pam
  • Phoenyxtears
    Options
    i have been looking into this but have yet to get a balance board, do i need one? i have been using the game walk it out for the wii for a few weeks now, i burn about 400 calories in 1 hour

Under options, you can turn it off. Mine became uncalibrated and I don't feel like fixing it lol! So I turned it off and it'll adjust to that. You can change the intensity of workouts and all of that good jazz. You can also create your own workouts and it'll tell you what percentage your custom workout is legs, arms, cardio, and something else that I can't remember.
  • WanabeHotMama
    WanabeHotMama Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm considering getting a Wii with part of our tax refund, I'm glad to hear all of the positive remarks about them! Any other games you recommend? So far I've heard: Wii Fit & Just Dance are good to workout with. Any other suggestions?
  • Phoenyxtears
    Options
    I"m not a big fan of the Wii Fit game, but my sorority sister has both Just Dances and she looooooooooooooooooooves them. I like the Zumba game. There's a few glitches, but it comes with all games.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    there are a series of games called my fitness coach theres a dance workout one, a cardio and another one too but i cant remember what its called, I am currently using the just dance and wii fit just now and also am going to start using dance party for the wii, which has a dance mat included :D

best wishes
    Kirstie x