What is your biggest problem dieting?

Options
For me it's how much I eat. I have always eaten healthy with few unhealthy items, but instead of one bowl of cereal I'd have 2.5.
Just wanted to see what else people have problems with while dieting.

Now I have measured my servings and made sure I don't overeat.

Replies

• tjcarle200
    Options
    For me it's how much I eat. I have always eaten healthy with few unhealthy items, but instead of one bowl of cereal I'd have 2.5.
    Just wanted to see what else people have problems with while dieting.

Now I have measured my servings and made sure I don't overeat.
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    binging. i binge almost daily, and find it is really hard to make it through the day without gorging myself on at least one meal.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Beer...I find that at social events it's hard to not drink. I have actually had beers after work with my coworkers and gone to spin....it's not pleasant. I have always gotten in the workouts no matter what...it really does not feel good.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    i love food.

Love it. Love it. Love it!! Love the taste, love all kinds of food, love socializing over food and drinks, love comfort food, love it all.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem...

The items my family bring into the house. Ahem... But at least things don't "call to me" all day anymore. I love having more control over my foods. I love it.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I have tried subbing healthier choices on certain foods like turkey for ground beef... whole grain rice and pastas... whole wheat bread... 2% cheese and skim milk. My fiance is thin.. can eat whatever he wants and never gain a pound. He absolutely refuses to eat the healthier choices because "it doesn't taste as good". So I either have to eat the fattier choices.... or make 2 meals.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    i love food.

Love it. Love it. Love it!! Love the taste, love all kinds of food, love socializing over food and drinks, love comfort food, love it all.

ditto.... a million times again....
    :flowerforyou:
  • kallio
    Options
    Binging- it is how I gained 20 some pounds in 3 months! But, I got on anti-anxiety medicine and now have some self control! It is amazing to feel like those normal people who don't hide in their house and eat themselves sick. I am on my way back to my happy weight.:drinker:
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    *sighs* Binging is totally my biggest problem. One taco never tastes as good as three . . . :blushing:
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    i love food.

...and another million times!! I love food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter how full I am, I still want to eat...because I love food.....

and...I am a supervisor at french fry plant...we make french fries for McDonalds, Jack-in-the-Box, Red Robin (you name it we make it) and I have access to an unlimited amount of fries, wedges, tater puffs, etc.... I have weaknesses!! LOL!
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i love food.

i just love food too.. all kinds, anytime.. i just like to eat.. not particularly an emotional eater.. not particularly an un-emotional eater.. nothing really "triggers" me wanting to eat, other than food itself.. love to buy it, love to cook it, love to smell it, and love to eat it.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    i love food.

i just love food too.. all kinds, anytime.. i just like to eat.. not particularly an emotional eater.. not particularly an un-emotional eater.. nothing really "triggers" me wanting to eat, other than food itself.. love to buy it, love to cook it, love to smell it, and love to eat it.

I hear you! I see Ricardo smell those tomatoes on the food network and I get hungry, and strangely attracted to him!!!
    :tongue:
  • johnsscarlett
    johnsscarlett Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Vegtables! I like them but I have to be in the mood for them. I do not eat enough of them. I'd rather have a bowl of cereal.
  • ginnie
    Options
    not knowing what to eat.
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    ...and another million times!! I love food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter how full I am, I still want to eat...because I love food.....

and...I am a supervisor at Lamb Weston...we make french fries for McDonalds, Jack-in-the-Box, Red Robin (you name it we make it) and I have access to an unlimited amount of fries, wedges, tater puffs, etc.... I have weaknesses!! LOL!

are they hiring? :happy:
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

and...I am a supervisor at Lamb Weston...we make french fries for McDonalds, Jack-in-the-Box, Red Robin (you name it we make it) and I have access to an unlimited amount of fries, wedges, tater puffs, etc.... I have weaknesses!! LOL!

are they hiring? :happy:

Yes...always!! And I get a bonus if I refer someone!! :wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Meds and heartrate. I am on pain med for an inj and xanax for anxiety. I didnt realize (duh) that they would lower my heartrate. So i am working my butt off and my HR is 115...when w/o medicine it would be 135-140.

So I have learned something new and pass this on to my MFP friends.

BTW since starting this liveit I have reduced both meds by 1/2,
  • PishPish97
    Options
    not knowing what to eat.

I second that. My mom hates veggies and my dad is thin as can be, even though he eats high calorie foods. I really didn't have an example to learn from.
  • Nana27
    Options
    wanting to binge and not doing it. lol If I gave into it, I would be eating non stop all day long. Pasta, potatoes, bread, donuts, cake, pie, ICE CREAM, it just keeps going :embarassed: :laugh:

But, this site and you guys are awesome and am learning to control my impulses. lol
  • reet34
    Options
    I'm ashamed to say but my weakness is eating crap when I am on my own & in secret. I just turn my mind off momentarily and eat what ever is in sight. The incredible thing is I can go a week even 2 and then I bring myself undone in 15 short minutes

It's like when I'm on my own I become a self destroying stranger, not all the time just everynow and then. Result I feel revoluting and don't like me very much. At these times I have to rely on the other 99% of the time I am ok.

this problem can be very lonely which ever way you look at it!

:embarassed: