Packed my scale, won't see it for a month!

Options
So, we're moving.....granted not until the first weekend in March, but as of last night, my scale is packed! I weighed in a couple of days ago officially, and had lost another 2.5 pounds, so I was really proud of myself. however, with the scale in the bathroom, staring at me every day, I was weighing myself every day out of some form of morbid curiosity. It was too much.......so I packed it, taped the box, and buried it downstairs! Now my goal is to continue on the path I've been successful with the past month, and lose another 5 pounds by the time I am able to break out the scale again after the 5th of March. Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Good idea & well done........
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan.
  • mblanch
    mblanch Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea! I keep weighing myself every day even though I know I shouldn't but I just can't help myself. Then I get annoyed at the results!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    That's great!

I've got mine in the linen closet sans batteries as I have an obsession with multiple daily weigh-ins.

Best of Luck! You can do it!
  • adurfee
    adurfee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea! I keep weighing myself every day even though I know I shouldn't but I just can't help myself. Then I get annoyed at the results!

Exactly! I'd be annoyed, even tho I knew it was ridiculous that I was even weighing myself to begin with. So yeah, it's gone now!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Even thought I'm not moving, I think I will pack up my demon scale Too! I'm so tired of all the hard work I put in and to not be losing is discouraging! I was weighing myself once a week, now it's been every day. Not good for me! Bye Bye scale!
  • ladyreadsalot
    Options
    You can judge your progress by the way your clothes fit. I've heard that muscle weighs more than fat, so sometimes if you exercise alot, you may not even show a loss, but your clothes will fit better. I weigh every now and then, but I'd rather judge my progress with how I feel and how my clothes fit.