new to OREGON, HELP

Options
I just moved to Portland, OR from PA and I have been able to go to my apartment gym. Is there anyone who lives in the area who has some creative outdoor activities I could do for excercise?

Thanks,
Carolynn
Aries5773 (username)

Replies

• shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Not really creative but there are a ton of places to go hiking. Multnomah Falls has a 1 mile hike to the top, going uphill of course. :)
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi Carolynn

Welcome to Oregon :) If you like to hike there are some great places to hike in the gorge. If you take I-84 east, past Troutdale you will find lots of cool places.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I grew up there and really miss the availability of outdoor activities. There are so many paths and trails, check out Mapmyrun.com for routes other people are using. Depending on what part of Portland you are in - the downtown path along the river is great. If you are North, Downtown Vancouver has a super path along the Columbia River too.

Check out the path that goes up to OHSU, it's a super hill climb. I agree, hiking in the Gorge is awesome. I was married at Multnomah Falls, it's a beautiful hiking area, just make sure you don't stray from the path.

You'll be in love with the Northwest Outdoors soon!
  • angelabf
    Options
    My husband is from Portland, and his parents and sister still live in gresham. I love going back there! The hike going up Multnomah falls nearly killed me the first time I did it, but I am from Alabama, and your hills are what we call mountains ;) You can also walk a good ways up from Timberline lodge too on Mt hood.... Its uphill and kind of rocky....Do you live in a neighborhood? Maybe you could walk through your neighborhood... I know my in laws live in a neighborhood in Gresham that has some pretty steep hills. Good luck!