Needing to lose weight fast !!... Routines..?

Options
Hello, I just joined today and as it explains on my profile - I need to lose 10-12lbs within the month (for Air Force standards)

Does anyone have any good tips on how to do this in a healthy way? I know I need to start running.
Does anyone have a good routine down? I'm not working or going to school at the moment so I have the whole month to prepare!

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks!!! :]

Replies

• wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting and cardio five days a week should do it =) In the beginning i was losing about 12 lbs a month that way =) Oh yeah and you've really got to want it.. <-thats important
  • Weeble91
    Options
    You may want to try the Slimfast 3-2-1 diet. the diet consists of: 3, 100 calorie snacks; 2, 180-200 calorie mini meals; and 1 500 calorie dinner. Slimfast has several meal bars, drink shakes, 100 cal snacks to help with it...or you could venture off on your own but keep in mind the 3-2-1 counts :) that should equal to about 1180-1200 calories daily. if you excercise too, eat half or less than half of your exercise burned calories to keep loosing. good luck!
  • Bluedimplett
    Bluedimplett Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Well, if your willing to give up your taste buds for a month then there are options. My husband also enlisted in the navy and is also at his max weight. He has two months before he goes to boot camp. Ideally he wants to drop 15-20lbs.

His plan of attack is to eat a lot of baked plain chicken breasts with spinach salads or any dark green veggies, egg white omelettes, protein shakes. Basically a high protein low carb diet, no bread or pastas. He is planning on running/swimming/weight lifting 2 hrs a day. If you dont have that much time to workout... then you can cut out the weight lifting for now since all weight lifting is good for i building muscle and toning.

hope that helps!
  • ANGxtina
    Options
    Thanks everyone - that really does help!!
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting and cardio five days a week should do it =) In the beginning i was losing about 12 lbs a month that way =) Oh yeah and you've really got to want it.. <-thats important

how much cardio do you do every day? 60 mins? or less or more? :laugh: