First week & progress already!

Options
Hi everyone,

I just joined last week. I have always been overweight, even when I was a size 12. On my 5' 4" frame it was still too much. Currently I'm a size 16/18, but I have been really amazed at how much myfitnesspal is helping me! In my first week I've lost 3 pounds and 2 inches in my waist.

It's almost weird to me that tracking calories on here is almost...fun. Can't believe i'm saying THAT. I usually walk at least 5 times a week with my dog, which is great for him too, but now I can see those walks, whether 20 minutes or 50, being calculated and accounted for. That has really helped me with the motivation to keep going. I've also had a Total Gym collecting dust for more than 2 years which I used 3 times this week. When I walk or workout on the Total Gym, I love seeing those calories burned and accounted for. It's almost addicting!

I hope to meet others of you on here that can relate to me or are simply looking for support. I can't believe this is already working and I'm so dam happy I could shovel snow and enjoy it!

Thanks for reading and please keep in touch if you're looking for support too!

Bring it on!! : )

Liz aka: BriteNebula

Replies

• Ddavis1967
    Ddavis1967 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Way to go you! Nice work in your first week. We are here for you even when the going gets tough.
  • Nomnomnivore
    Options
    That is a great start! So encouraging. I was really happy when I first started here too, I enjoyed the resources and the encouragement from fellow MFP members. Good job!
  • lisastevens27
    Options
    Well done! This site is amazing. Good luck!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Congrats on your progress so far!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!!! thats great :D really happy for u

add me if u wana

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    thats awesome
  • harmonykay
    Options
    That is great.
  • Britenebula
    Options
    Thanks so much! I will keep in touch!

Take care,

Liz (BriteNebula)
  • Britenebula
    Options
    Thanks, Lisa!
  • Britenebula
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who's welcomed me. It's great to hear from all of you! : )

Liz (britenebula)
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Well done!! This site and the people on it are FAB!!!

Sarah :flowerforyou:
  • jmeath3001
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I joined this site today, to be able to track what i eat and to see how it makes a difference depending on what you eat or what different excercises you do. i lost 6 stone when i was 17 and of course i fell in love and got lazy, i know what to shed those pounds and keep my eye on the ball to be fit and healthy for my kids and myself. I want to feel happy again

i told myself on the 1st january this is my year, so ive been out walking alot my motivation is strong but somedays i feel the pressure and i have great support from my husband and family but when there not your size they dont know how hard it is.
    i would love to hear from anyone in the same position.

so i took the bull by the horns and signed myself up for a 5km walk in dublin to keep me motivated would love to do the mini marathon.
  • clneary
    clneary Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work