Sad and Wanting Comfort Foods

Options
So I am having PMS or a bad day or something. Not sure what the deal is but I am so bummed out today and all I want to do is eat a ton of pizza and/or ice cream. I've lost 3 pounds since I started in January so the thought of gaining it all back for one bad day is making me even more bummed out.

Anyone else been there? What did you do to get through it?

Replies

• hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've had days like that myself. Here's what seems to help a bit : First, drink a cold bottle water. Not only do you get your water intake, but this will help determine if it's hunger, dehydration or just the plain old munchies !! In 20 minutes, if you're still rumbling around, decide is it sweet, salty or savory you want. Once you've decided, eat a full portion of that food.

Not taking the time to really think out what it is I want has forced me to "graze" all day in the fridge, and therefore, look like I do now. Eating what will really satisfy you will help !!

And remember.....this is just a tempory feeling....tomorrow is another great day and a new oportunity !
  • Tasha1476
    Options
    i am there a lot, and often. I have had horrible issues with emotional eating for as long as I can remember. I find that talking to a friend or writing in a journal helps me see WHY I want to over eat.. and then I make myself wait something like 20 minutes before I have any food after that. If Im still hungry, I eat. If not, then it was just a craving.
  • Whitfield517
    Options
    Hey, I was feeling the same way too. I made a big bottle of ice water and started drinking that before I ate anything. It makes me feel full so my junk food cravings go away. Also try eating a snack like popcorn (air popped not butter) or having a pudding cup. I hope that knowing you are not alone in your cravings helps. Have a great day!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    It's tough to have a day when all you want is comfort food...good for you for naming it! I like to keep Weight Watchers pizzas handy for when I get a pizza craving...it usually is enough to give me what I'm wanting and I feel like I stayed within my plan. There are probably many recipes out there to give you similar results...fruit w/cinnamon and a tad of butter...

Or there's always exercising...usually will boost my feelings...also watching a comedy can help...

At the least watch this....it's slow in the beginning but stay with it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKnY8tBLG3g
  • lindainak
    Options
    May have to buy a few things but this helps me and share it with someone cause it makes rather alot for just me. I like it with frozen mixed berries rather than just the strawberries and you dont need the honey. Eat it with a spoon out of a fancy goblet. I use whey protein or substitute a bit of peanut butter, not much. For the milk I just use cold water and the banana does not have to be frozen. http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/all-around-good-smoothie/Detail.aspx