Dehydrated, fake, can't remember what is was, PB?

Options
I've done searches, but I can't find the post about that Peanut Butter that was like a dry powder. I love PB, and would love to try this stuff, but like I said, I can't find that post!
Thanks!

Replies

• karen4777
    Options
    PB2 from Bell Plantation
    http://www.bellplantation.com/
  • jamebugg
    jamebugg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this stuff, but never tried it. What's it like?
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    I am curious to know how this tastes too!
  • tonyaneka
    tonyaneka Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just purchased some from the store because it was only 45 calories for 2 tablespooons. I was pleasently suprised that it actually tasted good.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Its the best thing out there in regards to alternatives to PB. All that other stuff is crap. Especially that Walden Farms stuff--yuck!

The PB2 is great because you can take a spoon ful and put it in plain yogurt, and yummo. Or you can make peanut butter out of it and dip an apple in it. It really is pretty good.
  • SoldierWife99
    Options
    Thank you everybody!:smile:
  • jenX1174
    jenX1174 Posts: 154
    Options
    And it's not fake, it's real dehydrated peanuts with the oil sucked out of them -- according to their website. I will be ordering some tonight! :happy:
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just picked up some PB2 chocolate from a local grocery store-there is a spot on the website, for a store finder, if you want to try and avoid online ordering-sometimes not always possible I know. The store that had it here (HyVee) was only showing 1 store carrying it, and there are 6 or 7 HyVee's in Sioux Falls.
  • Calicoskies
    Calicoskies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Its not fake, the ingredient list is peanuts, sugar and salt. They just remove the fat. Its pretty good stuff, but I can't eat it like real PB. I use it as a mix-in. I especially like it stirred into vanilla yogurt, like 3-4T of it...makes a thick yogurt that tastes like PB cheesecake.
  • jenX1174
    jenX1174 Posts: 154
    Options
    Well, that's really annoying --- I'd have to go 200 miles to get the stuff. To order online, it's $10 for shipping! :grumble:
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    By the way - the commissary carries it.
  • daweezer
    daweezer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :love: I love PB2 -- and it is great when baking /cooking - add into smoothies - anytime you would use regular peanut butter -- use PB2
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I think it tastes amazing, better than Better'n Peanut Butter, especially the chocolate version.

Just something to keep in mind, two tablespoons of the powder mix up to be kind of a mounded tablespoon of peanut butter. So to make a "normal" serving size of peanut butter you'd need four tablespoons of the dry mix and two tablespoons of water. Which is still only 90 calories compared to the 190-200 of regular peanut butter, so it's still awesome for that. Just thought I'd make sure that was clear for anyone looking into it. :)