ZERO APPETITE

Options
I've been sick for the past few days and don't have an appetite for anything. I have a very sore throat and lots of congestion. Any suggestions for good food to eat when sick? I've been living off of applesauce pretty much and I don't think that's helping me get better lol.

Replies

• modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Try Miso soup. Loaded with nutrients (and sodium - be careful where you get it) but should be incredibly healthy and go down okay.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is nice and bland and will give you some energy.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    u cud try soup??? or scrambled egg

hope u feel beta soon

best wishes
    Kirstie x:flowerforyou:
  • littlelionesslove
    Options
    Thanks guys...sometimes just reading about food is enough to get my appetite up haha.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    When I'm sick I usually eat soft food that won't irritate my throat. Like others have suggested, soup, eggs, oatmeal [with a little bit of cinnamon for taste], citrus fruit for vitamin C, bananas for some potassium, and a sports drink at times for an electrolyte balance.

You could also steam some vegetables until they're tender enough to eat without straining, i.e. carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.

Feel better.
  • Diya13
    Diya13 Posts: 24
    Options
    I find cold food is good for my sore throat, and you definitely need nutrition when you're sick. I have frequent stomach problems so I deal with low appetite all the time. One way I get food in is by using a blender and making smoothies. I have several good recipes just send me a message if you're interested :-)