**healthy cravings** - what's yours?

Options
I think it will always be a fact of life that I will crave unhealthy stuff like Popeye's fried chicken and Lou Malnatti's deep dish pizza! But now that I'm adopting healthier eating habits, it's interesting how I am starting to crave certain healthy foods.

For example, these days I crave:
-baked sweet potato fries (some are in the oven right now!)
-steamed shrimp sprinkled with cajun/old bay spices, and lemon juice
-homemade dal (indian lentils)
-wild sockeye salmon
-homemade almond milk smoothies with frozen strawberries and vanilla extract

what's YOUR healthy craving at the moment? :) let's keep on indulging in them!

Replies

• mezmez73
    Options
    i want celery sticks with fat free italian dressing!
    something i never ate before!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    peanut butter on a banana, love this
  • mabel2011
    mabel2011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    GArden salad with ken's light Italian dressing, and 100 calorie skinny cow caramel Truffle bars!!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Celery w/ Almond Butter.
    Turkey w/ alphalpha sprouts/lettuce/honey mustard wraps
    Steal cut oats w/ raisins!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    roasted red pepper hummus
    wheat crackers
    FISH!
    SHRIMP!

I'm sure there is more but I'm making myself drool so I'll stop:blushing:
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    sometimes I totally crave fresh green beans! I guess they remind me of summer....
    I also crave herbal teas, peppermint is one of my favourites.
    wish these were more often then cravings for bread, chocolate and fries, but, at least I enjoy a lot of healthy food too!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Just today I had my homemade lentil soup and my smoothie with almond milk, protein powder, blueberries, kale, flaxseed and 1/2 banana.
    Yesterday I had shrimp.
    I'll be having some yogurt with puréed strawberries for my snack before bed.
    I love the 100 calorie packs of hummus and baby carrots.
    I also love eggs and lately have eaten them with a tomato on Sch-inkenbrot which is a heavy rye bread.
    Sardines in olive oil! Everyone's favorite! lol

I make sweet potato fries with a touch of olive oil and rosemary. Just as they come out of the oven I sprinkle them with balsamic vinegar. It's delicious.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Jonathan apple sliced with an ounce of reduced-fat cream cheese.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Cucumbers (which is weird cause I didn't used to care for them, I think its the crunch)
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I have always suffered from cravings, some of the usual baddies but also some very strange healthy ones.

Cabbage...have such strong cravings for this covered in black pepper...also tend to crave black pudding at the same time. I reckon this is linked to my blood disorder so eat the cabbage, 1 whole cabbage per meal!

Fish...always hated anything but smoked fish til pregnant with my 3rd (16 years ago) and everything changed, now get regular cravings for fish

Shellfish...shrimp, prawns crab...think this might be linked to blood disorder too so indulge it.

Tomatoes...sometimes can sit there and eat a pack of tomatoes like others eat apples

My lastest one is curry lentil soup...cant get enough of the stuff!
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I crave blueberries like nobody's business. Year-round. I cannot wait for June when the local orchards open up the pick-your-owns again.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and jelly on some crackers. also some peanut butter on banana(yes i love peanut butter, haha) i love love love stove top popcorn. theres also some vegan things i do, since i am vegan. there are snap pea crunchies along with pirate booty crunchies and puffs too(which are veggie too)
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I've been craving avacados reeeaal bad!!! Unfortunately they make me very sick, but the temptation to eat them is still strong. Wish I could find something else like them I could eat! :sad:
  • britt_fit
    Options
    Steamed vegetables :)
    Sometimes hummus or breaded chicken
    Peanut butter and bananas
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter has always been a favourite, but now I have it on bananas and apples (yummy!!!)

I also love carrots (with Red Pepper Hummus)
  • foodbuzz
    foodbuzz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Gopal's Organic Nori Wrapped Power Wraps. They come in six flavors and I love them all.

Italian
    Curry
    Mexican
    Japanese
    Texas BBQ
    Masala

I buy them from NaturalZing.com and hope they always stock them!!!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I am loving baked sweet potatoes! I also have air popped popcorn every day!
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    Baby spinach and arugula. I can eat bowls of either, with just a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. I eat either one or both every single day.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Gala apples. So yummy!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    coconut butter
    shrimp
    cheese
    fruit