weighing in

Options
Hello...how many times should I weigh myself??? and when is the best time to do it??? any suggestions are great appreciated!

Replies

• togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i weigh in every sunday as soon as i wake up and use the restroom ... I try to avoid the scale at all costs at all other times ...
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You can weigh yourself whenever you want, but typically once a week is best. Its a good idea to weigh youself first thing in the morning after you go potty. However, again, it is up to you. Just make sure that when you weigh yourself, you do it at the same time of day as your first weigh in just to keep it consistent.
  • lisastevens27
    Options
    Hi, I weigh Monday mornings and log my weight but usually have a peak through the week too although I know i shouldn't but it encourages me.
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I often find myself weighing in every day... And let me tell you that is nothing but a problem. I have let the scale take over my life. Starting this week I will only weigh in 2 times a week then hopefully down to 1. Good luck but these other people are right 1 a week is better on the mind!!
  • tarahs
    tarahs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    thnx!
  • sdornbush
    Options
    I weight myself everyday, but am finding that it's a bit frustrating. I have an obsession with the scale!!! I only weigh in on MFP once a week, usually on Friday. Always weigh in the morning after going to the bathroom and nude!
  • noltes2
    noltes2 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning before food, and after the bathroom. For comparison's sake I also usually weigh myself before bed and sometimes a third time. I am OBSESSED. I log it any time there is a drop.

I recommend weighing once a week in the morning though!