Broke thru the 200 pound barrier!

Options
I started MFP on 10 January 2011, I weighed in at 211.2 pounds. It has been 4 weeks and I have lost nearly 13 pounds (198.6 lbs). I made sure to log all my foods (even the ones I'm not so proud of). I slowly started jogging every day. At first it was only 10 minutes, but I increased my time gradually. Now I can sometimes run as long as 20+ minutes. And in the past few days, my youngest daughter and I have starting using the Wii for something other than watching NetFlix!

I also started using Chantix on 28 January 2011. So this year I'm not only giving up food but also smoking. I find that when I do get a craving for a cigarette, that I want to eat instead. So what I've decided to do is keep sugar-free gelatin cups handy for when I do get the craving. Grapes work well, too.

I have a great support team both at home and afar (my sister does this with me). And I have to say that I feel better already! My sister said to me that she's been slacking and that she's gonna use me for her inspiration to get back on track. WOW! I never thought that I could be her inspiration!

Replies

• katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulations for quitting smoking as well. A double double!

Breaking out of the 200s is my goal as well. Once I do that, I know I'm home free.
  • Natolee72
    Natolee72 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!! Keep up the GREAT work =)
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    As someone said on Biggest Loser, you're now in "one-derland"!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are off to a good start of a new healthy lifestyle.
  • evandmegsmom
    evandmegsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I started mfp on January 12 at 211 lbs. and this week I weighed in at 199, so we have very similar progress! I quit smoking 2 years ago this October (so it was a year this past October). Thus, the reason for needing to join mfp. I packed on a lot of weight when I quit smoking. I've always been a yo-yo dieter anyway. Hoping to this time reverse that trend.

Again, way to go! A job well done. :-)
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's a powerful mental thing to break that mark :) you sound like you are extremely motivated and im sure you will be updating with your next goal in no time. Keep it up! :)
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Some very similar stories here...I started in Jan at 205 and have weighed in under the 200 mark for the last three days. I have an official weigh in tomorrow morning and can't wait to post under 200. I am also an ex-smoker (going on 5 years now I think!) and that helped add about 30 pounds. I am SURE quitting isn't the ONLY thing that contributed to my weight gain. Was in a great job with a TERRIBLE boss that STRESSED me beyond my limits. Got rid of the job and boss and stress level is now way down!

Great job on your progress!!!
  • medwards89
    medwards89 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! I'm not too far behind you (205)! :) I quit smoking a little over a year ago and have taken up running as well! If you can run that well while smoking, just imagine the progress you will make in this new year!!!
  • Carol_can_do_it
    Options
    Great job! I can't wait to get there!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Good Job! I also started at 210 and am now 194.4. The inspiration and support I get on this site is priceless. Thank-you!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Good job.
  • pickle41
    pickle41 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thats Awsome. I stated Jan 3rd 2011, weighing 204. but I have not been as successful, logging in everything i eat and getting discouraged at time. However being on here and hearing success stories, and all the support given to us is very encouraging. Way to go,keep up the good work. I would love to be your friend and maybe we can encourage each other. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome ! I for one cannot wait to be in onederland ! I will get there though !
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Well done - I cannot wait to get there, only 5lbs to go.

You have motivated me to kick my *kitten* into gear this week and get eating healthier. Well done!!!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Good stuff! I'm so excited to meet that mark! I don't blame you for being so excited! :tongue:
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    So excited for you! But first for me, I need to get to my 220's!! I'll get out of the "terrible twos" as well one day, maybe by June if I'm lucky!
  • Kenie
    Kenie Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm so proud of you Mom, I think it's great we have each other for support! It so great playing Wii with you, we have so much fun. I can't wait for you to be thin. Not Angelina-Jolie-Thin, but thin. & our jokes about sizes will pay off.
    Haha:
    XL- eXtra Lisa
    L - Lisa
    M - Mom
    Possibly S? - Super mom.<33.

I love you& can't wait until we can share clothes, & whatnot. Like I said before, im so VERY proud of you.

P.s. February 14th, QUIT DATE. You CAN do it. ;)
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, I'm looking forward to that day!!!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you Mom, I think it's great we have each other for support! It so great playing Wii with you, we have so much fun. I can't wait for you to be thin. Not Angelina-Jolie-Thin, but thin. & our jokes about sizes will pay off.
    Haha:
    XL- eXtra Lisa
    L - Lisa
    M - Mom

I love you& can't wait until we can share clothes, & whatnot. Like I said before, im so VERY proud of you.

Awwwww!
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Haha:
    XL- eXtra Lisa
    L - Lisa
    M - Mom

You're the best daughter EVER! I'm glad that you're my bestest friend! One of these days I'ma kick your butt on that darned Wii!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!